Website is updated with CFA letters

So I called up the CFAI just now to ask about the status of my application. The lady says that my application for regular membership was approved on Friday and that I should get a letter in mail in about 2/3 weeks. I asked her why my name in the directory has not been updated while others’ names have been updated. She said that if the name is updated it means that that person has been awarded the charter. I said, not true. Based on analystforum.com many people have seen letters next to their names in the directory but they HAVE NOT been awarded the charter. She argued that I was wrong. I argued that she was wrong. Who’s wrong?

She is correct. I just got off the phone a minute ago. She looked me up and said I was awarded the charter on 9/12 and can use the letters. If you have the letters in the directory, you can use the letters.

That conflicts with my response from them which clearly states upon receipt of the letter. Maybe a phone call is in order. I just want to have my business cards updated… Dear, Thank you for your email. At this time, there is nothing further required of you to earn the charter. Charters are usually awarded in late September. Once awarded, you will receive a letter which confirms your status as a CFA charterholder. Upon receipt of the confirmation letter, you may begin using the CFA designation. Congratulations on your achievement! Kind Regards, Client Services - Membership CFA Institute

Well this is all very confusing. I got my membership approved several weeks before results came out and CFA is after my name in the directory, but I still haven’t received the letter in the mail.

I just called CFAI customer service and a nice woman said that the official letter is most likely going out this week, however, after looking me up in the system she said that I have been awarded the charter and I can now begin using the designation on business cards and correspondence.

Thats it I am updating my email signature

good lord, its only 3 weeks gents, and you’re freakin out. go watch a movie or read about the bailout while you wait…

Yahoooooooooooooo!!! I just got the letters!!! Yahoooooooo

After seeing letters in the directory i called CFAI again and asked whether i could use the letters now. They say i was awarded the charter this morning and now i can use the letters. AWESOME!

I still gots to pays my dues. But hope to have that taken care of soon.

wooooo hooo guys … i just checked the directory and I got my charter!

big lag between directory being updated and the mailing of the letters…

Just got a welcome letter from my local society…

question: you need to login and search for the membership directory? once you see your name on it. Then you are awarded? Please correct me if I am wrong.