Weekend Observation

I just went to McDonald’s with a coupon for their Chicken McBites which is their version of popcorn chicken. The coupon would get me a snack size version for $1 when it retails at like $2.35 or some shit. I walk 2 blocks to the left of my firm and the manager said it’s not in the system yet. I found that kinda absurd, but let it slide because he seemed like a cool cat and there was another McDonald’s 3 blocks to the right of my firm.

So I walk there and the same thing happens. As the manager’s walking away, I say to the her, “Can’t you ring me up for a cheeseburger or someshit?” She stops and stares at me while saying, “HA! That’s not for a cheeseburger…” I’m thinkin, “Like no shit. I wanted you to ring me up so that i could pay and score me some McBites…” I end up shouting to her, “Hey! Thanks~!!!..FOR NOTHING…”

I’m gonna go write corporate now.

Thoughts?

-------------------------------- I recently received a great McDonald’s coupon book which included an offer to try the Chicken McBites Snack Size for $1. After work, I decided to visit the following branch: 95-05 57TH AVE CORONA NY 11368 (718)760-9669 STOREFRONT 01/23/2013 9:30PM The manager (possibly the assistant manager) informed me the promotion was not in the system as of yet. I found it very odd as I’ve used corporate coupons many times at the location before without a problem. Eventually I decided to go to another McDonald’s to see if their system would accept my coupon. Once I arrived at 91-19 Queens Boulevard McDonalds, I presented the cashier with my coupon. She had to call the manager (possibly the assistant manager) over for help. The manager hands me back the coupon, says it’s not in the system, and then rudely walks away from me. As she’s leaving the cashier area, I asked her if it was possible to charge me for a cheeseburger as it was the same price as the coupon. She stops and laughs while saying, “That’s not for a cheeseburger!” At this point, I didn’t have a choice but to leave. As I walked out, the customers on line smirked at me due to my misfortune at the hands of the manager. This was the most embarrassing moment I’ve had at a restaurant. I’m surprised that a global company such as McDonald’s would not have their promotions ready and how franchises are allowed to hire classless managers who ridicule loyal customers. Customer service must improve…

That’s why I always go to McDowell’s.

I got off metro north in Harlem once when I was like 16 - I planned on walking to Columbia to visit a friend on campus. I was down from Choate for the weekend and dressed like it. I would have taken a taxi except my parents had taken away my allowance because I got a C+ in Pre-Calc for the quarter.

Holy shit! I was scared. So many CFAvsMBAs running around with crazed looks on their faces.

Now we had CFAvsMBA’s at Choate, so i thought I was cool with them. But the ones in Harlem were different than the ones I played lacrosse with.

So, where does a white kid in boat shoes go for safety? Mcdonalds.

So, I went into the first one I saw, I thought McDonalds will save me.

Except, the people in McDonalds were even scarier than the people on the street. At least the CFAvsMBA’s on the street were at a distance. These CFAvsMBA’s got right up in my grill.

Whiteboy left mcdonalds and literally ran all the way to morningside heights like Forrest Gump. Man my arches killed after that. Never run in boat shoes.

I opted not to apply to Columbia and ended up going to a college in the massuchessetts wildnerness. The local McDonalds did not serve chicken popcorn there.

Mmmm … that a high blood pressure monitor and a full blood workup could come in handy for eating way too often at McD?

The district manager personally called and apologized for what happened. She didn’t give me any free shit, but I let her know that the manager should be re-trained or possibly fired. I’m ok with the situation now.

don’t insult peeps that give you food…there will be some ‘extra’ material in whatever ‘free’ stuff you get as a token appology.

^ Um I’m sorry, I must have missed the memo that it is ‘insulting’ to attempt to use a legitmate coupon in the directed manner. Forgive me for falling for the cruel promotion in the weekly paper.

Damn man

I can’t believe they didn’t give you free stuff. Sign of the times, this recession just got real.

Customer service at McDonald’s sucked, which is what I would expect, and you were surprised? Maybe I am missing something. I mean, it could be worse. They could have given you food.

F*ck Choate, Deerfield all the way!

Thought I posted this?

Further resolution of my angry email. WINNING!

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=fb59ca9d17&view=att&th=136310503ac8c113&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_gy8v5p5f0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_LA7Ewj7cSeEISrF3FZQld&sadet=1359639324636&sads=umlihv7XcyQ6hCibCLW7UazEX70&sadssc=1

Maybe it’s just me but I can’t see that image you posted.

Me either

Can’t view the image either.

Nope.

That image is hilarious, +1 CFAvsMBA!

Man, more censorship of the token AF brotha. Can’t we all just get along.

I posted a tailored letter from the director of operations from MCD. She profusely appologized and thanked me for bringing the issue to her attention. She also included a coupon for a free extra value meal. I’m happy now.