Weirdest thing to happen while studying for CFA?

A friend of mine needed a quiet place to study LII over the weekend and went to work. Before hand, he asked his manager if he could use his manager’s office. This was like two weeks before the exam. So he got there on a Sat morning and went to his managers office with all his CFA books. He stepped out of the office to grab a drink/smoke or something and when he returned, the office was locked and he couldn’t get in. Apparently he mistakenly locked and closed the door when he was leaving. He was screwed, this was two weeks before the exam and if he couldn’t retrieve his books, he’d lose a valuable weekend of studying. The building was typical in construction; open floor cube farm on his floor with a low slung ceiling with a lattice of metal grids with those paper/styrofoam ceiling tiles. The only way he could get into the office was through the ceiling. So what does he do? He uses a chair to reach the ceiling, pops out a tile and proceeds to crawl over to the managers office. Just as he is centered over his managers office, he falls through and on to his managers desk. There were broken and shredded tiles everywhere. He called me in a huff and was like “f*ck, I just destroyed an ishload of tiles trying to crawl into my managers office”. I told him to go to Home Depot and grab some replacement ceiling tiles. So he replaced the tiles and cleaned the scene of the crime. His boss never suspected the insanity that occurred over the weekend. This is 100% the truth. Goes to show you what dedicated people will do to get the CFA.

Sleep deprived! I use my blackberry to wake me up. Last year when the alarm rang in the morning, instead of snoozing/dismissing it, I hit “make emergency call” and it called 911. I had to apologize to the lady. I did that again in 15 minutes. This lady called me 3 times during the day to make sure I was OK and not in some kind of distress. Pretty embarrassing.