Welcome to L3 Forum - All Level 2 passed candidates

Congrats guys.The pass rate has gone down but you still made it!!!Enjoy this time…Just curious to know how the email reads…Do they give the link to click or in the header itself they tell you the result… That way I can prepare myself for L3 result…

you guys better start studying right away…seriously this weekend crack open the first book and memorize every single letter you see in GIPS… if you dont have the books yet, borrow from someone who does, if you cannot do that, google everything… you need to put in about 2000 hours for level 3, for those who passed level 2, get over it, no one cares, its level 3 time now

boston21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you guys better start studying right > away…seriously this weekend crack open the > first book and memorize every single letter you > see in GIPS… if you dont have the books yet, > borrow from someone who does, if you cannot do > that, google everything… you need to put in > about 2000 hours for level 3, for those who passed > level 2, get over it, no one cares, its level 3 > time now I have to disagree. If you havent tried to replicate the books yet by reading last year’s and writing down potential changes to the CBOK, you are already behind. I was taking practice tests at this time last year.

enjoy IPS motherf*ckers (God i hope i passed and dont have to do this again with you poor bastards)

man it feels great to b part of level 3 forum… n it feels great to be level 3 candidate!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: congrats to one and all

hey guys just passed L2, heard L3 is a joke so only gonna study like 30hrs be back in May

mb389 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hey guys > > just passed L2, heard L3 is a joke so only gonna > study like 30hrs > > be back in May 30 hrs should do it. piece of cake.

I am please to be officially eligible to join this forum as a L3 Canditate. For what I’ve heard its not an easy level. Will try my best once again! Should I get some vendors note or you guys suggest to study it from the books?

CFA_10 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > man it feels great to b part of level 3 forum… n > it feels great to be level 3 candidate!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Sebastian.S Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am please to be officially eligible to join this > forum as a L3 Canditate. Ethics fail

CPAbeatsCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > good to be hear…i bet all of you cant wait to > hear my rhetoric! Homonym/spelling fail.

Feels good to be on this board!

sct123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mb389 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > hey guys > > > > just passed L2, heard L3 is a joke so only > gonna > > study like 30hrs > > > > be back in May > L1 is a walk in the park, L2 is hell, and L3 is a walk in the park again.

leave them alone? am i in the twilight zone? this is a message board right? they can ignore threads, right? its not like people would be calling them or tapping them on the back.

yeah, it is a message board and yes you can ask anything you want. But you’ll probably get much more thoughtful responses if you just wait a few weeks.

The Sniper has sniped the first two targets in clean shots and arrives on the scene… One of the happiest days of my life!!! … and L2 result is one of the reasons for my happiness…

i realize that chi. i was questioning the implication that they get soooo annoyed if someone asks them a question as if they can’t simply ignore it.

cityboy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sct123 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > mb389 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > hey guys > > > > > > just passed L2, heard L3 is a joke so only > > gonna > > > study like 30hrs > > > > > > be back in May > > > > L1 is a walk in the park, L2 is hell, and L3 is a > walk in the park again. oh please let what you say be true

Yep. Level 3 is the toughest. By June 2011, you will have grown to hate even the smell of your Level 3 study materials. Don’t risk burning out. If you want to start early, I think Halloween would be plenty early. I think I started in early December. And I’ll close with this: the most important determinant of whether you pass or fail Level 3 is how you perform in the morning written section, which is completely different (in several ways) from any other three-hour period in the CFA testing program. frisian, CFA

(I will start as I always did for L1 and L2) Hey Brave Ones, It feels reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy good to be here…there’s still the final match to come…but keep commitment high and reward should come sooner or later. Let’s enjoy this stunning sensation…IT’S PAYBACK TIME!!! cheers, tigas PS: good luck for all L3 candidates awaiting for their “charters”

First Of all, congrtssss to all the ppl who passed L2 , its a killer, i remember passing this beast last year on 9:10 AM i saw the PASS, and i was in great joy i said YESSSSS really loud, i was in a hotel and the guy in the next room called and said that i waked him up!! :). so, congtsss to u all. Second, here is my advice, 1- Depend on the cirriculum and do the EOC questions at least twice. start by the first week of october ( 6 months, 1 book per month). 2- Do all AMs available, and Pm if u have enough time. 3- dont underestimate L3, its not eazy and requires u to take a holistic view, and not like L1 OR L2. Plz forgive some L3s, we are all worried. Best of luck