Well folks... how was it?

I can’t really assess. Subjectively the AM session was easier for me than the PM session. But I felt the same in my practice tests and the mock exam and I always did better on the PM sessions. Directly after the exam I had a good feeling but the longer I think about it, the more unsecure I get.

A colleague of mine told me yesterday, that last year the emails had been sent out in mid of July…

How is that even possible? Only 2 out of 120 that you didn’t know?

2 out of the 120 that I know that I didn’t know. I knew the general concept and what they were asking on the others, that’s all. I am SURE that I got a LOT of questions wrong even though I thought that I knew the concept. Hope that is clear enough, lol. By no means do I think that I got an amazing score on the exam.

On my last mock I didn’t feel great about it and I got a 77.5%. I felt like the real exam was significantly easier than that one so I hope that means that I did well!

I see Raleigh’s point. I pretty much knew everything that was on the exam. I remember being kinda iffy on one question, but the rest I think I knew what I was doing so it felt good. On my mocks and practice tests I would make 10-15 mistakes though, I hope I managed to keep it down to the same level on the real thing.

Right. I know that I made mistakes – I just hope I kept them to a minimum.

I am happy with how the exam went. I thought both were benign compared with practice and mock exams. They were very fair I thought. I would imagine anyone that put in the study hours will pass.

Good luck to you all and thanks for the support over the past few months. It is great to have a forum like this to help in the preparation.

Word is that CFAI grades on a curve. So if everyone found the exams easier than the mocks, is it possible that the MPS would be greater than 70% this year?

How can we delete duplicate comments?

We may think it was easy but remember the members of AF are actually candidates who study on avg 300+hours and put in the effort to pass the exam. Remember there are still a whole lot of candidates that have no idea what they’re doing.

We may think it was easy but remember the members of AF are actually candidates who study on avg 300+hours and put in the effort to pass the exam. Remember there are still a whole lot of candidates that have no idea what they’re doing.

No, that’s incredibly unlikely, I would never believe they would raise the MPS to above 70%.

I think CFAI’s way of controlling the passing population is to make the exam harder and harder, and then curve it to pass a certain % of people.

I think from reading somewhere that the grading in the past was based on the top 1% of exam scores becoming the ceiling. So if the top 1% group averaged 97%, the score to get a pass would be 67%.

Yeah I keep hearing that and it always baffles me how people pay money to take this and not prep properly. I mean how many people fail to put in the 300 hours? I guess quite a few.

Test seemed to go well for me also, but I’m not 100% sure obviously. Wait and see.

I felt that way on everything except econ. Some of that econ I could remember enough to eliminate one question, but didn’t remember the theory enough to get it right. But I also am at the lower end of AF in terms of preparation.

Also, I talked with a few of the people taking the test. A lot of them were on scholarship/paid by employer and didn’t seem to take it too seriously. They thought it’d be like their Intro to Finance at college. I was the first person to finish/leave from my group both sessions. I tell my friends/family that either I failed badly, or the guy in front of me failed badly. Just glancing at his sheet, I think we had 100% different answers.

I feel borderline about the test. But I know if I had to take it again in December, I’d blow it out of the water. I didn’t have enough time to get all the nuance for things like economics.

Is it posible to average 97%

Vicente, I am in your boat 100%. Congrats to all those who feel so sure about the test.

Not sure how to feel about the real exam. I regret that I made mistakes on some very easy questions but I guess I was pressed for time so I didn’t think it through before bubbling out the incorrect answers. Hopefully, I can keep the mistakes below 36 per session :smiley:

Easy overall. Am was darn easy & straightforward theory while pm turned calculative/tricky

I found this analysis of the exam online - http://gyancentral.com/articles/post-graduate/others/cfa-exam:-june-2012-analysis

I found this analysis of the exam online - http://gyancentral.com/articles/post-graduate/others/cfa-exam:-june-2012-analysis