Well folks... how was it?

Are you the advertising guy? I have launched a new product line, will you be willing to accept the contract?

I have a theory that the 62% fail rate is artificially inflated by people who sign up for the CFA but never show up to take the exam. In other words, assuming 20% of overall people don’t even show up, the pass rate is closer to 60% of all the people in the exam room. Any thoughts?

I have a theory that the 62% fail rate is artificially inflated by people who sign up for the CFA but never show up to take the exam. In other words, assuming 20% of overall people don’t even show up, the pass rate is closer to 60% of all the people in the exam room. Any thoughts?

I’ve read in a CFAI-issued statement/document that this isn’t true. They only consider those that sat for both the AM and PM sessions. I can dig it up if you’d like but I’m sure its floating around on AF somewhere.

thats right the rate is only for those who turned up

Ok, this has been discussed ad nauseum but the CFA Institute threw out the top 1% thing years ago. They now use the Angoff method.

Has this been confirmed by the CFA Institute anywhere?

Totally wrong. You must sit for AM and PM to be in the statistic.

The pass rate posted for each year only includes people who have shown and sat for the entire exam.

There is a pdf that is very detailed discussing the MPS and the Angoff method…http://www.cfainstitute.org/mycfa/candidate/takingexams/results/Pages/index.aspx; it is under the exam scores heading.

Guys there is less than 50 days left so don’t stress…

OMFG less than 50 days?!?!?!!? You can count?!?!?!?!? I’m so proud :slight_smile: lol

just kidding just kidding…less than 50 days, so close, yet so far lol

Hmmm, just read up on the Angoff method… seems kinda arbitrary, I mean: a bunch of people sit around and figure out if a competent candidate would have answered it right? There has to be an easier way to grade exams, no?