Well, I took the plunge...

…and practically signed my life away for the next couple of years. I signed up for Level I, June 2008. I’m hoping I have enough time between now and the exam date to be fully prepared. Now I have to wait for my books. How soon do you get them after signing up?

congrats I recently signed up for level 1 June 08 as well. I signed up on Sep. 24th, which was a Saturday, got the books today - Toronto…I think it probably depends where they’re being shipped to though.

gdiddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …and practically signed my life away for the > next couple of years. > > I signed up for Level I, June 2008. I’m hoping I > have enough time between now and the exam date to > be fully prepared. > > Now I have to wait for my books. How soon do you > get them after signing up? you have plenty of time. there were still people signing up recently…for the december test

plenty of time my friend…plenty…

Awesome. I just called CFAi and the rep told me the curriculum ships out of Georgia. I’m in Florida so it shouldn’t take too long. She said it’s generally 7-14 days for the shipment to arrive. So I’m not worried. Man I’m so excited about this. I’m so eager to start reading that I cracked open my Advanced Corporate Finance book that I used back in the summer semester of 2001 in college and began reading random sections. I completed the ethics module, ss 1-4–free off the website–twice.

you have loads of time, I signed up in Sept for level 1 Dec this time a year ago, now I have just to nail level 3 next june and I’m finished. well, except for the work experience…

Just out of curious: how long did it take you guys to read through each book in the curriculum? I heard that these books are in the neighborhood of 500+ pages long.

The CFAI assigned curriculum was just over 2000 pages for each level when i went through the program. as i mentioned before, if you start in January and you do a session a week (don’t think they’ve added to the 18 sessions) that’ll leave you plenty of time to review and do practice exams (though i’m not a fan of the practice exams).

I checked out the curriculum for Level I 2007 and the total number of pages for all six books is just over 4,000. Yikes! I doubt all of that actually represents the reading material.

I checked the status of my order through the candidate login page, but it still says my order has not shipped. I called CSR yesterday and the rep said that typically the status will show as “not shipped” when indeed the books are being shipped; it has to do with some technical glitch with UPS’s data feed. Has anybody experienced this?