Well June '08ers, it's all left to us now...

Now that we’ve made it to December 1 (and my best wishes go out to all of today’s test takers), it’s time to look forward next year’s exam in June. Hopefully we don’t see same people taking today’s exam in the same forum next June, and I mean that in a good way. :wink: My best recommendations for those of you who have not started studying for next year’s exam are to develop a study plan, start the plan NOW, and stick to that plan. I think it’s a shame that many in this forum studied only for one or two months–how one can learn all the material for this exam in such a short time span is beyond comprehension. We’re talking about the CFA exam after all. This is not the series 7. I’m looking forward to the input and ideas from everyone as we begin our long and arduous journey to June 2008. Good luck everyone! -g

I have gone through Ethics briefly (will definitely go over a few more times), full run through Quant (readings and all practice problems), and a full run through Corporate Finance. Heading onto Econ next.

mutualfundsig Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have gone through Ethics briefly (will > definitely go over a few more times), full run > through Quant (readings and all practice > problems), and a full run through Corporate > Finance. Heading onto Econ next. You’re well on your way to being burned out. :stuck_out_tongue:

I need all the time to prepare. I have work and grad school to worry about.

where are u from mutualfundsig?

Yo, its left to us… but reading the posts after 1st dec, mesa getting a bit scared and worried… have done ethics twice, quant, half of econs (microecons), and currently halfway through FSA. Hate econs but love FSA. Plan to just read through the books by jan to understand the concepts, but will start the real prep ard feb end, with schweserpro and stuff…

I hate quant. Is anyone else with me? I have done TVM, Ethics, Econ. Stats is what I just hate. This class in college was a bear for me.

Florida

First post after following the forum for a month or so. I am taking level I in june. Currently working on Quant - hope to be starting econ by Christmas. Look forward to learning from everybody and sharing the pain.

Long time lurker / first time poster. Hi everyone - I’m Erin. I signed my life away on Friday. Looking forward to some serious CFA bonding with you all. I have some serious procrastination issues, so I’m sure to need some motivation. Hope everyone did well on Saturday/Sunday.

Hey guys, I too am a long time lurker, have occasionally used the board for general non-exam related issues… however I too have signed up for June '08. Finishing my undergrad in Economics so that has been / is the priority until the 19th. Then I am moving back to Vancouver BC and starting the job hunt and studying! If anyone is in Vancouver and wants to hook up for studying, discussion, motivation or whatever, let me know!

hey guys - I’m looking forward to sign-up for June 08, if I really cover stuff well in next couple of months. Started with Book 1 CFAI - Ethics n Quant simultaneously. Using Schweser notes as well as CFAI material. am big time slacker at studies so lets see how well it goes. Looking forward for discussions and motivation. Guess other folks did well on Saturday.

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hate quant. Is anyone else with me? I have > done TVM, Ethics, Econ. Stats is what I just > hate. This class in college was a bear for me. I took stats in college, and even though I made an A in the class, I always had feeling that I never fully grasped the subject. I’ll be spending more time re-reading/reviewing Quant once I finish books 5 and 6.

quant was difficult, but it wasn’t a big part of the exam… understand how to do hypothesis tests, how to interpret regression results, type1/2 errors, etc… but yeh, dont stress about the actual formulas in there

Thanks for the insight Bluey. Some of the formulas are rather crazy, like the one for measuring excess kurtosis.