Wellington Management

Hi all, Do you or anyone you know work for Wellington Management?

sure

I am applying for one of the jobs there, and do not really know anybody who works/worked there… If anyone on AF have some inside advice and would like to help fellow AFer, please email to kseniaru at yahoo.com. I would highly appreciate your help)))

it’s so easy to get in there - you are set

Halberstram Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it’s so easy to get in there - you are set BS

kseniaru Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi all, > Do you or anyone you know work for Wellington > Management? Company is smaller than bigger giants in Boston like SS and Fido. I know few people working in WM and they are pretty smart. It is pretty tough to get in. Perks are one of best I have ever heard/seen. Salaries are more than big buy side firms. But applying for a job and getting an offer is totally different. You should ask this question when you get the offer

They may be big on non-finance/non-traditional backgrounds. I know a chick who works there who was in advertising and somehow made a jump into eq research. They pay well over market. They also made cuts somewhat recently.

its like a prison camp there. everyone is in full suits everyday and the interview process is a bitch

hausm49008 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > its like a prison camp there. everyone is in full > suits everyday and the interview process is a > bitch That’s life in high finance.

Yeh, I owuld not mind so called ‘prison camp’ as long as it is intellectually challenging)))

kseniaru Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeh, I owuld not mind so called ‘prison camp’ as > long as it is intellectually challenging))) I know a girl who went to Princeton for undergrad (also Passed CFA in 2 years) and may join Sloan for her MBA from this fall. Many intellectual people. Yes, suits are mandatory.

I know a few people there, and all who were hired recently are far more credentialed than me (BB IB/ER/Structuringout of undergrad, Top 5 or 10 MBA, fair amount of good experience). My hunch is that you are going for something besides research or being a PM or you probably wouldn’t be asking on here (no offense). Wellington has kind of a different identity from other big buys, being an indepenent LLP, etc…fit is going to be very important, be serious about the job and make sure you really understand what they are going to have you doing, who you will really be working with the most, etc.

BS… I’m looking through the Wellington principal profiles on eVestment. Tons of people who went to 2nd teir schools (BU/BC MBA) + CFA who had prior work experience in the buyside are now principals there (50-60% of the people). You do not need to be top 10 undergrad, BB, and top 5 mba to get a job in Wellington. Edit: Money is pretty decent there from what I heard Admins make on average 50k something client service people make close to six figures via Glassdoor not bad for a 24-27 year old from BU/BC/Bentley/Babson

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BS… > > I’m looking through the Wellington principal > profiles on eVestment. Tons of people who went to > 2nd teir schools (BU/BC MBA) + CFA who had prior > work experience in the buyside are now principals > there (50-60% of the people). > > You do not need to be top 10 undergrad, BB, and > top 5 mba to get a job in Wellington. > > Edit: > Money is pretty decent there from what I heard Read my post: I said “of those hired recently”. It is true that most long tenured PMs come from lots of different places. I am giving anecdotal evidence on THOSE THAT ARE HIRED IN ER RECENTLY, which would be more relevant in this case unless the OP is building a time machine going back in time and trying to get in on the ground floor. > BU/BC/Bentley/Babson