Wellington

Has anyone ever interviewed at Wellington before for the RA position?

I’d be interested in this as well. I’m in a similar role with another similar company. Interview for my job was mostly about fit and presentation, with no technical questions

I did once. However, I’m pretty sure they wanted a P.Eng. The kicker was when they asked me “So Willy, are you a P.Eng”? to which I replied “Not that I am aware of”. That was pretty much the end of it. Willy

P.Eng, I believe is a professional designation for engineer graduates. What does that have to do with Wellington? Were you applying at post trade ops?

No. They were hiring a precious mineral equity analyst. Willy

Willy, that reminds me of an interview I went on a year ago with this accounting firm. In the interview they said, “Wait, you’re not an accounting major? You don’t have a Masters in Accounting? You’re a graduating senior?” I responded, “that’s what my resume says.” I don’t understand how firms can be so incompetent as to bring an unqualified person in for an interview and then act as if the firm is not to blame.

A P.E. is a professional license in most states, so it is a real credential and not a “certification” like the CFA. Except civil engineers working on behalf of public agencies who must be liable for their work, few engineers take it and fewer pass those exams. Like the CFA and CPA exams, some engineers find they will never pass it. You must have listed at least an engineering degree or similar background to even get that interview, no? ---------------------------------------- However, I’m pretty sure they wanted a P.Eng. The kicker was when they asked me “So Willy, are you a P.Eng”? to which I replied “Not that I am aware of”. That was pretty much the end of it.

You know, I’d be pretty understanding about mistakes like that, given how organizations operate. What gets my goat is when people like that start to fret over whether this comma in the resume is correctly placed or not, and act as if there isn’t proper attention to detail. How about paying attention to the IMPORTANT details. (not that my resume has misplaced commas in it, as far as I know)

I think they reason they wanted a P.Eng in mineral engineering was for p.r. purposes. They basically wanted an analyst who had practical experience in mining. As to why they interview people whose resumes are not necessarily orthogonal to the mandate, it’s basically an HR requirement that the firm interview “x” number of candidates. Willy