Wellington

Do any readers work here? Do you like the company?

I work in Auckland – which is pretty close.

Very good firm to work for in Boston area.

Yea from what i heard they pay above what other buy-side firms pay in the area. very smart people. plenty of BO people there are charterholders (truth).

It is a city not a company. Capital of NZ.

^ He is asking about a company. Not many on AF care about Kiwis.

^results come out on Monday

Hah. Right on, pupdawg…although a bit harsh. I do care about Kiwis, but not in this particular situation. Yes, I’ve heard about above average pay with the longer work hours. But the most intriguing aspect is worker satisfaction. Glassdoor reviews give solid support from employees. Just wanted to confirm it from anyone on AF.

I went to interview with them a couple of years ago for research analyst position. I didn’t get it but base on what I saw from the people who work there, they are very content, knowledgeable about what they are doing. I would reapply again if they have more positions open. And they strongly value CFA title as well.

What would be a Wellington equivalent in NYC? Blackrock? AllianceBernstein?

A large chunk of Wellington’s assets are managed through subadvised relationships with Vanguard - several of Vanguard’s funds are managed by Wellington. Wellington is not like AB or BlackRock because they don’t have branded mutual funds available to the public.

monger187 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A large chunk of Wellington’s assets are managed > through subadvised relationships with Vanguard - > several of Vanguard’s funds are managed by > Wellington. Wellington is not like AB or > BlackRock because they don’t have branded mutual > funds available to the public. I actually meant more in terms of work environment, compensation levels sophistication/professionalism of PMs etc. I am not sure how these characteristics are affected by the types of products the company offers or its sub-advisory relationships with other funds… Would you elaborate? Thanks.

The Hartford’s largest client is wellington. Pretty much all of the Hartford’s funds are subadvised by Wellington. They’re a pretty good shop… i don’t care too much about their small cap strategy though. Midcap strategies are pretty solid.

Well, I don’t know a lot of specifics about Wellington’s culture, but I think it’s safe to say that a company’s culture is at least partially defined by its customer base.

adalfu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The Hartford’s largest client is wellington. > Pretty much all of the Hartford’s funds are > subadvised by Wellington. > > They’re a pretty good shop… i don’t care too > much about their small cap strategy though. > Midcap strategies are pretty solid. Do you mean Hartford is Wellington’s largest client? If that’s the case, would it also not be important to consider Hartford’s economic viability when evaluating employment at Wellington?

I know a few people who are with Wellington. A great company to work with and they pay very very well. As mentioned earlier, they value CFA. Everybody from BO to marketing seems to have one there as well. For a FO position, it is not that easy to crack in to. They take their time in hiring and place a lot of value on the cultural fit from what I have heard. Never interviewed with them personally. A slightly easier way in might be through the London office but still no cakewalk.

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,1100676