Were questions Word for Word from CFAI online tests?

People at lunch and post lunch were saying this…I didn’t take any. What do you guys say? Only schweser which proved useless by the way and failed me

I was actually thinking that to myself as well about the word for word thing. But I couldn’t see them doing that and I think I noticed very minor changes in the question, however, in most cases it didn’t effect the outcome as far as the answer.

Did you take the CFAI online exams or Schweser? Man, there was barely any calculator usage on the exam! So much of it on the Schweser ones tho! What a waste of time doing those!

i took 4/5 cfa exams and there were def at least five-six questions that i remembered from the sample exams. the numbers may not have been the same but the concepts tested were…

cielito Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i took 4/5 cfa exams and there were def at least > five-six questions that i remembered from the > sample exams. the numbers may not have been the > same but the concepts tested were… You paid $200 for 5-6Questions of a 240 Q exam. I still dont think thats value for money.

I don’t know about that… When exam results come out, they just give you <50, 50-70, >70 bins. What seems pretty clear is that the passing score is somewhere in the 60’s and there are a ton of people right around the pass mark. If 20,000 people take this test then I’ll bet of the 12,000 or so who don’t pass there are at least 2000 of them with 3% of passing. That’s a lot of people who failed for want of paying CFAI another $250 for a leg up on some of the questions. (Admittedly that argument isn’t perfect because I don’t really know any numbers). Anyway, giving people who pay you some of the questions on an exam prior to an exam is darned near illegal in CT (and probably a bunch of other states) and CFAI seems to be doing it. It doesn’t really matter that they give you only 5 or 6 in a package of 100. When this happened last year, I was pretty amazed that they did it and started out telling everyone that they need to take those tests. Now the whole thing just makes me feel a little dirty.

I found that Schweser was extremely quantitative and much more difficult than the actual exam. I found myself picking an answer I knew was write on the actual exam and then checking it 3 times because I thought to myself, “that can’t be it, that was too easy”. Now I’m not sure I passed so I don’t want to jinx myself, but the bottom line is that Schweser Book 6 was definitely harder than the actual test and Book 7 from Schweser is useless because it’s exponentially harder than the real thing.

tokyo that’s one way to look at it. when i walked in to that exam on saturday it was exactly how i expected it to be. no surprises. after doing 4 of the exams i understood the style of the questions, stopped doing book 6 and began reviewing, making sure i understood even the most basic things at a more conceptual level. $200 to have an insight to what the exam will be like plus a couple of freebie questions was very worth it to me. plus i’m paying in pounds and the weak dollar helps…

lehmetelya Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I found that Schweser was extremely quantitative > and much more difficult than the actual exam. I > found myself picking an answer I knew was write on > the actual exam and then checking it 3 times > because I thought to myself, “that can’t be it, > that was too easy”. Now I’m not sure I passed so > I don’t want to jinx myself, but the bottom line > is that Schweser Book 6 was definitely harder than > the actual test and Book 7 from Schweser is > useless because it’s exponentially harder than the > real thing. Agree with you. I was getting about 60% in Shcweser book 6 and just memorized book 7. In exam, for more than 80% questions I felt like “I know it”, but still unsure of myself.