Westworld

For those of you who have yet to watch, I suggest a weekend binge with a Bourbon Sour, or a Hot Toddy for a warm sipper. Makers Mark is my choice.

I may watch a few of the earlier ones again. I’ll be enjoying some Busch Light.

^ Sounds like a good weekend, but why not heavily enjoy Busch?

hush. You Philistines are going to give S2K more health problems.

?

There’s Busch that’s not Light?

Holy f. . .

I thought the Arnold reveal was a bit predictable…

I actually think it ww is rubbish. I’ve tried watching the first 5 episodes but i can’t get into the characters. I feel no connection knowing their robots and come back to life again and again… I will give it a miss from now on.

Yeah, it’s like Battlestar Galactica all over again…

The trail of crumbs was well laid out for the Arnold reveal but we live in the time of redditters whose time could be better spent as forensic scientists cracking all the theories for us. Lots of people I talk to who say the show was too slow for them etc. are the same kind of people who like to watch these Marvel Hero TV shows where the character’s whole back story is revealed in 20 minutes and the remainder of the season is boringly predictable. The multiple timeline was done very well and there is still many unanswered questions. Hoping we figure out what/where the maze is in the Finale but my prediction is that there will be more twists or new questions that leave us on a cliffhanger.

Predictable? Yeah… right. What were the indicators?

I don’t see that the multiple timeline theory is definitively established, but it is looking a lot more likely.

I expected the Arnold reveal to be surprising but I didn’t quite see it coming the way it happened. Combined with two weeks ago, there’s a lot of character development happening.

I also liked the Maeve-Bernard interaction. It wasn’t super surprising, but it was still well done.

When logan cut Dolores open she had mechanical parts in her abdomen. The new Gen Hosts are fully flesh and bone. So either they never updated her or its in the past. MIB wears the same vest and uses the same knife that William used which leads to the theory that William is the MIB. Also William’s brother in law is part owner to a firm which owns a controlling interest in the park, in the future timeline the MIB is on the board and is known for being the man that saved the park from going under about 30 years ago. Dolores killed Arnold so we know she is a very old host (possibly one of the original).

Oh, I saw this show and it was pretty neat…

I like all the MILF nudity. yes

OK, I was trying to figure out what the mechanical parts meant, because I was a little surprised to see that, too.

They do say in Ep 1 that Dolores is one of the original models (and is the reason for the episode title). However, if that is true, why wouldn’t she still have mechanical parts. Or is it just her software that is the original.

OK. I had heard the theory that the Man in Black is William as an older guy. I’m still not sure it’s proven, but it does seem likely.

Yeah I’m pretty sure that there are multiple time lines. It’s the reason they keep shifting her clothing. I’m going to have to rewatch after this season is over because I’m having a hard time keeping it straight. I think it’s obvious because that one white girl host has had three different roles.

Also Buffalo missed the picture part. Logan gives him a picture of his wife which is the newer, less worn version that sent Dolores dad into shock. Also MIB said he once saw the inside of the hosts.

Reddit has done amazing work on this. The reactions to last episode wasn’t more theories but basically everyone agreeing they got it right. The potential for collective wisdom of crowds inspires me

I also suspect the maze is a trap to identify and trick sentient hosts into exposing themselves. Remember the comment about the animal which leads the rest of the animals by Dolores? Maeve or Dolores are probably that role.

The Arnold evidence was also the blank part of the picture. When Bernard looked at that picture earlier in the season there seemed to be a missing person. It was because hosts can’t see what they aren’t supposed to

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYkW0HIDN5U]

Next episode Predictions: Maeve awakens the now sentient host army to wreak havoc. This is the new narrative. Dolores finally realizes who MIB really is.

Arnold was crazy obvious. It had to be someone internal to the story. Given how weird Ford is, what better way than to re-build Arnold?