WFH.. Yay or Nay?

Def on the fence with WFH. Been working 70 hour weeks, which should enhance year end variable pay - that’s good. But the bonus pool has shrunk to a prune due to covid and we’ll probably all get a pay cut - that’s bad.

Net net, I do enjoy rolling from the coffee machine in my kitchen to my home office. Having a coworker and his wife over for dinner this weekend so doing what I can to stay social with the work crowd. Also doesn’t appear that my group is going back to the office anytime soon, if ever, so I’d better get used to it.

1 Like

Lol I mean millenials are social with their peers.

For me it’s not going to be permanent. We worked from home a lot before corona and that’s not going to change once things get back to normal. Probably 2-4 WFH days per week, depending on what you’re working on. I think I might prefer that to 100% WFH mode.

We have Whiskey Wednesday to stay social on Wednesday nights.

In other news… Thursdays suck.

“Mr Ismail believes that demand for office space could be down 10 to 15 per cent even after the economy recovers, with rents in large US cities like New York and San Francisco taking an even greater hit. Changes in work habits that Green Street expected to unfold over four to five years were instead happening in a matter of months. “We’re turning on a dime,” Mr Ismail said.”

I really like a hybrid of the two. Our firm has been pretty flexible, so I’ll go into the office 2 to 3 times per week and work from home the other 2 to 3 times per week.

If I had to choose one though, I’d probably pick office so I can work at work and home at home like @Greenman72 said

My opinion on this matter is that this is the EXACT same thing as rushing to the store to panic buy toilet paper.

And someday I expect us all to be going back to the office.

I hope you’re wrong pal, seeing how I just bought 3 (and moving into one) properties in the suburbs - all on the assumption that we’ll not be going back to the office, at least 5 days a week. I anticipate spending 2-3 days/week in the office when the dust settles. There’s a very real movement out of the city and prices are reflecting that. I think it’s structural but time will tell.

3 houses!!! We got us a playa here!!!

And I hope you sold your pumpkin futures BEFORE Halloween!!!

Hey man, if I have opinions I might as well make moves. In 10 years I’ll either be retired or bankrupt. Chance I’m willing to take for calculated risk (see what I did there CEO?)

It’s all good: my nephew and his gf closed on a new house a couple of weeks ago!! :+1: :european_castle:

Good for them. It’s a tough market to crack into. I don’t know how young people can afford a house in the GTA these days without a substantial gift from the bank of mom and dad. With interest rates likely to stay near zero for years to come, I don’t see it becoming affordable anytime soon.

Yeah, they had a heck of a time: places going for way over asking, multiple offers, houses selling in a matter of days, etc. There was a house 3 doors up from me (GTA :slight_smile: ) that went for an insane amount of money a month ago!!!

Time to pull out some equity and buy buy buy :wink:

i think its a good idea to keep rates low and push prices up as high as possible. homebuilders have been making money like crazy and are incentivized to keep building. unforutnately they have not built enough ever since teh housing crisis in 07.