What after CFA Level III?

I worked hard, passed cfa level 1 & cfa level 2. I will work harder & hopefully pass CFA level III. I have - zero work experience in Financial service industry - i get paid 100+k right now , but only ~ 10%ish increment per year - almost no bonus… What am I going to do after CFA Level III? Will someone be ready to hire me with ‘Passed CFA Level III’ only on my resume? Can I expect to make 100k+ again in couple of years? I am not able to enjoy my CFA level II success when I think about it… Has anyone successfully switched in past to financial industry with non-finance background & after passing all three levels of CFA… Anyone else in same boat?

depends on what field you are at right now, you might switch to research

Go to bschool - seriously, easiest way to transition to an industr you have no experience in.

CFAsquare Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I worked hard, passed cfa level 1 & cfa level 2. I > will work harder & hopefully pass CFA level III. > > I have > - zero work experience in Financial service > industry > - i get paid 100+k right now , but only ~ 10%ish > increment per year - almost no bonus… > > What am I going to do after CFA Level III? Will > someone be ready to hire me with ‘Passed CFA Level > III’ only on my resume? Can I expect to make 100k+ > again in couple of years? > > I am not able to enjoy my CFA level II success > when I think about it… > > Has anyone successfully switched in past to > financial industry with non-finance background & > after passing all three levels of CFA… > > Anyone else in same boat? 10% increase is a lot as compare to general trend of 2-5% every year. Bonus is cyclical which comes with job insecurity of financial industry.

actuary exams --> FSA. think of it this way… the way we look at accounting guys is exactly how FSA’s look at finance people. lol

CFAsquare Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone else in same boat? me

I agree with wangta about business school. Unfortunately, it takes up a lot of money and two years of your life, so it might not be feasible depending on your circumstances. What industry are you currently in and how much experience do you have in your current industry? If you have more details, people might have more helpful things to say.

swaptiongamma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFAsquare Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Anyone else in same boat? > > me +1 except for salary and increments part.

They reduced our hourly billing rate by 15% amidst financial crises.

arrrrgh… i hate to do my current job after passing level 2, still thinking of transition. I’m in the same boat as you guys.

what are your GC priority dates … mine is EB2 June 2005…What a wait…

Not yet applied.

leberserkfury Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > actuary exams --> FSA. think of it this way… the > way we look at accounting guys is exactly how > FSA’s look at finance people. lol I work as an actuarial analyst for and do asset-liability studies. I’m taking actuarial exams (two exams away from ASA designation) but can’t wait to get out of the profession. I can’t wait to pass level 3 and make the move.

Go to B school for an MBA

any reason for this??? i’m thinking of going the opposite route and getting ready for FM…

yonderworld Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Go to B school for an MBA +1

would that be part time MBA or full time?

It (MBA) is like killing life for another 2 years & maybe 2-3 more years to gain relevant experience. I will be 40 by then I guess:).