Awesome.

It’s the end of one chapter and the beginning of another. #FutureIsBright

#BestIsYetToCome

#NeverStop

#WelcomeToCaymanIsland

#YesWhyNot

#ItWorks

Now we’re talking really big bucks.

For real though. when this crap is over, I’m taking the sommelier exams.

I’m preparing for the All Souls Prize Fellowship Exam…wish me luck

After CFA exam… Sugar… Power… Women. Done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti5AkLup1mI

In my experience, those who are hoping a Charter will help them move into Investment Management are going to be very disappointed.

You’ll still be washing lettuce.

Life is all about hope. But it helps to be prepared.

Worth a read: https://news.efinancialcareers.com/au-en/175414/jobs-youll-likely-get-cfa-qualifications-companies-youll-likely-work

Yes, all VC firms have to - by definition - start with a boatload of capital. You’re right, however, that you can get the dollars by bringing in partners. My point stands though. No one is suddenly going to give you a ton a cash simply because you passed three tests. If you have those sorts of friends now, you really don’t need the CFA.

just doing research on cos post charter. watching a lot of investment interviews to learn from others. i plan to start a hedge fund on the next downturn. funded mostly by friends north of 10m easy. current age 29!

here are some benchmarks on the type of money you need to raise to start a firm as well as their age. assuming 3% inflation.

buffett. age 26. 105k. equivalent to 656k today. by age 32. raised 7.2m. equivalent to 38m today.

einhorn. age 28. raised 900k. equivalent to 1.7m today.

paulson. age 39. raised 2m. equivalent to 4m today.

singer. age 33. raised 1.3m. equivalent to 4.3m today.

griffin. age 22. 4.6m. equivalent to $10m today.

soros. age 39. raised 4m. equivalent to 17m today.

cohen. age 36. self raise 20m. equivalent to 43m today.

dubin. age 35. raised 35m. equivalent 75m today.

klarman. age 25. 27m. equivalent to 78m today.

Wlfgngpck, age 34, raised $1, equivalent to $1 today. That gonna be enough? :slight_smile:

not true.

look at CFPs

i am so getting a CFA tattoo on my butt

Better check with Cat Fanciers’ Association about font size, colour, etc., etc. It will likely have to be smaller than your butt too!