What am I to do....

Here is my position My accounting knowledge is terrible, going to have to re-read hte whole book and I havent read the Derivatives book and need to review ethics… whats my approach? Should i concentrate on accounting and review ethics and not even bother with derivatives? I did the math and derivatives and alternative investments are about 8% of the exam (19 questions). If i can guess/use what i know i shouild be able to get around 6…which is about 2.5/8 Any opinoins? My knowledge of everything else is OK…still need to do a lot of practice…

i would focus more on FSA and ethics. derivatives is weighed less than the other two. last december, derivatives was only 12 questions.

8% of the 120 questions only means 10 questions. Why study the whole book for 10 questions. Focus on FSA, Quant, Ethics. I don’t have time for Derivatives, and I have not done them, I’ve only done the first 2 chapters of that study session, hopefully they’ll ask simple questions from that SS.

agree with the previous reply but if I were you I’d set an hour and at least read up the basics of derivs and easy definitions. this basic knowledge would at least give you a fighting chance to reason through some of the questions.

thanks guys i whipped through ti last night its pretty ez if u have prior knowledge… only skipped one section, option pricing… "8% of the 120 questions only means 10 questions. " thought it was 8% of the whole exam? the breakdown says 5 5%*240 = 12 questions + alternate investmetns