What are you doing with cash right now?

My assets are like this:

Stocks/cash/checking: $65k

soon I’ll have another $140K coming my way because I cash out refinanced my house. This money is to pay for my garage and home improvements - not mushrooms…

But, shouldn’t I just hold on to the cash for a little while?

Would you guys be doing construction at costs that are where they are right now? Or would you be waiting…

I feel like the decimals about to get moved, so I kinda want the cash honestly.

I’d wait and see what the Fall looks like before doing a reno. August in our neck of the woods is cooling off slightly, real estate-wise. Is it a trend or just everyone is on vacation etc? Dunno yet. But maybe in the Fall things can be better priced, contractor-wise.

Sweet. More yolo trading.

2 Likes

if construction is not time sensitive (such as for selling the property), I would wait until things have slowed down

Where to park cash though? Just copy the fed and buy MBS?

i got abnout 100k cash rn with 50k in a roth, 36k in a brokerage, 18k in cash. just does nothing. cant deploy in illiquid investment cuz im concerned i wont get 1% rates for student loans next year.also liquid alternatives are ■■■■.

I keep my cash that I expect to need in the next ~12 months in IGSB. I doubt there is a right answer.

i just bought another 10k of chinese stocks. lol. what am i doing with my life.

I think I’m just going buy enough equity futures with the cash to get me 3 times exposure to the S&P and continuously roll puts on it with the difference.

Because if GS is right and we’re headed to 4,700 by EoY then that’s close to 300 points I could line my pockets with.

I’m paying bills. :man_shrugging:

securities-based line of credit. Invest while you invest in your home. Best of both worlds.

You reckon I can convince one of these BSD fund managers to take me to lunch in return for a $140k investment to their model?

I’m just joking. Would never pay one of these mouth breathers 40 bps for their model. I’d open up my laptop and steal it.

Private credit. I’ve been putting some of my cash into Groundfloor, where you loan $$ to house-flippers to fund their projects. Duration generally around 6 months, yields pretty good.

1 Like

That’s pretty cool!

You need to send these people my way ASAP

I have a good lender for 75% of house flipping money, up to 9 homes at a time, so if Groundfloor can front you the other 25% lets make you a local tycoon using this… combined with the 1031 exchange’s ability to avoid paying cap gains at flips while multiplying properties👍

Ive checked on some ground floor properties in person. The listing can be very charitable. I personally am ending my ground floor involvement