What are you thankful for?

This, and that other post about love being self-centered, is my morality. good stuff

It’s fun to have on in the background while working. I only watch football, I couldn’t care less about basketball or baseball (unless it’s the playoffs). I like UFC also. I don’t make it a religion though, too busy for that.

I can understand that. I like all fight sports (ufc, bellator, old pride, k1 ect) but never have the time to watch.

I enjoy a game now and then, but I can’t be bothered to follow teams throughout the season in pretty much any sport. As a Bay Area native, I do like it when the 49ers win, also the Raiders. The fact that the SF Giants have been doing well in recent years surprises me because - growing up - they were always losing. I’m not saying that they don’t deserve their wins, but after so many years in which the Giants weren’t doing well, it was both exciting and surprising to hear that they got their act together.

I like footbball and soccer and tennis. I like cycling as a sport to practice, but I find it too bothersome to keep track of these long stage races.

i don’t get following sports so closely that you’re emotinoally invested in a certain team’s winning or losing. isn’t there anything better to do? the whole idea of being a fanboy makes no sense - getting really fired up, watching and celebrating someone else’s accomplishment as if they’re your own. I do watch sports, but i’m not a fanboy. i thnk there’s a distinction.

I don’t particularly care either. I pay enough attention that I can say a few reasonably intelligent things but that’s it. Not only professional sports, but I don’t get why people care so much about college sports, especially for schools they never did and never will attend.

This. However, that said, I will talk smack when the local team is winning. When they are losing, it is someone else’s team. #FairWeatherFan

Becoming emotionally involved with a sports team that I don’t play for and have no real affiliation with is a strange concept to me. I’d rather live my life and focus on my own goals, as you said.

Thankful for my health, my wife, my son. Thankful I have an occupation that can provide for my family at a reasonable level. Thankful I still have time at the end of the day/week to enjoy spending time with them.

This.

Supportive parents, friends that were there for me this year more than i could wish for Good boss that doesn’t micromanage. Having a job i actually like Discovering trapeze You guys, as most of you were nice to me All the free time i got back after finishing cfa exams

Oh thanks for reminding me. actually i have very good boss and colleagues too!!!

AND ALL THE AF’ERS!!!

:slight_smile:

You know I gave this post some thought while I was at the grocery store this afternoon. It’s so easy to think about all of the things that we wish for and the things that we feel are missing from our lives, I need my own thread for that though, so I’m going to ignore it for now. With that in mind, my thankful list would include:

-great family, even though we are too fragmented for our own good and none of them live within 1000 miles of me -a job that I genuinely enjoy and that pays me enough money and gives me enough PTO to allow me to do whatever I want in my free time -my select few friends that I’m not as close to as I’d like, but I know that if I needed them, they’d be there -being able to afford all of the comforts of life and not having any major worries

This

Mean reversion, I’m sure you know a thing or 2 about it :wink:

A line from “A Bronx Tale” that has always resonated with me:

What a time it was. The Yankees were playing the Pirates in the World Series… and Mickey Mantle was like a god to me. My dad and I would go to Yankee Stadium and see the Yankees win.Calogero , speaking part of the opening narration Young Calogero: Bill Mazeroski, I hate him. He made Mickey Mantle cry. The papers said the Mick cried. Sonny: Mickey Mantle? That’s what you’re upset about? Mantle makes $100,000 a year. How much does your father make? If your dad ever can’t pay the rent and needs money, go ask Mickey Mantle. See what happens. Mickey Mantle don’t care about you. Why care about him? Teenage Calogero: [narrating] After that, I never felt the same way about the Yankees.

Classic lines from a classic movie.

Who am I kidding? The last time I saw our starting qb, he was losing his job to…Tim Tebow.

Better pray John Kitna comes in.

I will be listening to the “Na na na na hey hey hey Goodbye” song on Sunday night.