What are your thoughts?

Few weeks ago, I was turned down after an interview for a position becuase they went with an internal candidate. Understood! Now, I was told that position is open again. Do you think I should apply again? Thanks!!

why not? if you wanted it before, what would change your mind now?

I guess I may appear to be desperate, or I am wondering if the real reason was something they didn’t tell me. Oh yes, I still want this job very much. I am not sure how to approach it the second time.

desperate? not sure how to approach? does this job have something to do with a dating show? are you trying out to be the next bachelor?

so you want the job…they’re not going to think you are desperate unless you act it. i know several people who have gotten jobs that they’ve applied for more than once…it shows perseverance.

you might look desperate. but then again, it might look like you really want the job. it isn’t like you were dumped by a girl (or guy) and, after her subsequent two week fling didn’t pan out, now she wants you back. don’t be afraid to show you really want something if you really do want it.

jeff_s Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so you want the job…they’re not going to think > you are desperate unless you act it. i know > several people who have gotten jobs that they’ve > applied for more than once…it shows > perseverance. I guess “perseverance” is the word that I am looking for.

Good thing I was nice to the recruiter and gave positive feedback during the follow up recuriting process survey.

Could be that the “internal candidate” was simply a ploy and they wanted to gauge your desire for the job…long story short, take it. You won’t seem desparate, you’ll seem like you still want the same job that you wanted a month or two ago.

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Could be that the “internal candidate” was simply > a ploy and they wanted to gauge your desire for > the job…long story short, take it. You > won’t seem desparate, you’ll seem like you still > want the same job that you wanted a month or two > ago. Thanks. I was wondering if that was a possiblity. I was thinking that the “internal candidate” was a nice way of saying your skills set and experience didn’t fit.