WHAT DID I PRESS ON MY COMP THAT IS SCREWING UP EXCEL !!!!!

My spreadsheet was working fine, then something must of been pressed where the calculations are not linked. For example, $1 /$10 my spreadsheet had 10% in a cell. This 10% automatically got updated whenever I changed the $1, i.e $2 would change the percentage to 20%. But now, i must of pressed something where it freezez the calcs, because when I change the $1 to $2, the calculation stays at 10%, and all the formulas are the same !!! Help !!

Might be obvious but is there still a formula in the cell that displays 10%?

Press F9 Does it update?

FYI caps are construed as shouting or rude.

Tools --> Options --> Calculation --> Automatic

^ Correct.

Agree with JTLD

Must HAVE. Not of. Have. You could of checked your grammar better.

L3 Buckaroo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Must HAVE. Not of. Have. > > You could of checked your grammar better. +1 For the grammar error to express your point.

IH8FSA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My spreadsheet was working fine, then something > must of been pressed where the calculations are > not linked. > > For example, $1 /$10 my spreadsheet had 10% in a > cell. This 10% automatically got updated whenever > I changed the $1, i.e $2 would change the > percentage to 20%. > > But now, i must of pressed something where it > freezez the calcs, because when I change the $1 to > $2, the calculation stays at 10%, and all the > formulas are the same !!! > > > Help !! Are you some kind of high level manager?

^you mean front office seller?

You obviously aren’t fidelity research material.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > L3 Buckaroo Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Must HAVE. Not of. Have. > > > > You could of checked your grammar better. > > > +1 For the grammar error to express your point. haha nice edit: for the people not seeing this – could’ve means ‘could have’, not ‘could of’

If you have a spreadsheet open with the calculation set to automatic, then open another spreadsheet where the calc. is set to manual, and you save your original spreadsheet when the other is open, it will flip the calculation to manual. Just another Microsoft blunder that has hampered excel users for years through many different versions. Flip the calc method back to automatic as I think JTLD provided above and save it.

Dermot81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You obviously aren’t fidelity research material. lol

ConvertArb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > IH8FSA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > My spreadsheet was working fine, then something > > must of been pressed where the calculations are > > not linked. > > > > For example, $1 /$10 my spreadsheet had 10% in > a > > cell. This 10% automatically got updated > whenever > > I changed the $1, i.e $2 would change the > > percentage to 20%. > > > > But now, i must of pressed something where it > > freezez the calcs, because when I change the $1 > to > > $2, the calculation stays at 10%, and all the > > formulas are the same !!! > > > > > > Help !! > > > Are you some kind of high level manager? Front office, admin assistant away today

IH8FSA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ConvertArb Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > > Are you some kind of high level manager? > > Front office, > > admin assistant away today away today = 4 days later? Btw, no problem. Yr welcome shouty.

Guys heres another dumb one, this doesnt have to do with lack of help, lack of excel, but more lack of general math. If Cell B2 was June return YTD Cell B3 was May return YTD What formula can I enter in excel to extract the month of June return

june return = ((1+B2)/(1+B3))-1

Man, put you and SkipE99 in a room together, I’m sure the two of you could sell a million front offices but couldn’t find the on switch on the computer from your @ss.