What did NOT benifit you the most

for me, i guess it was CFAI books

Significant amount of ambiguity in the AM/PM exam. I only used Schweser notes and two CFAI mocks, but I did not find anything significantly missing in Schweser. They did misinform in two-three places that calculation may not be needed.

desperatestudent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > for me, i guess it was CFAI books All you need to know is in those books

The LOSs can be misleading as many questions tested are out of the scope of LOSs (the core portions of the curriculum). Do you think so ? I don’t understand why CFAI listed those LOSs while did not write the questions within the scope of the LOSs !

AMC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The LOSs can be misleading as many questions > tested are out of the scope of LOSs (the core > portions of the curriculum). Do you think so ? > > I don’t understand why CFAI listed those LOSs > while did not write the questions within the scope > of the LOSs ! I agree. The WACC question pissed me off. We were only supposed to discuss!

I have sent a complaint to the institute regarding the WACC question A

It’s unethical to mislead candidates. CFAI shall realize that the purpose of the exam is to discriminate candidates’ comprehension of those core concepts rather than the minor details of the curriculum.

Bacaladitos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have sent a complaint to the institute regarding > the WACC question A Since I got >70% and left A blank, They must have accepted the complaint… :slight_smile:

I found the LOSs were a big issue for level 3. For level one and level two, if you can answer the LOSs, you were golden. For level three, I know several questions felt outside the LOSs (the WACC question, the implied assets/liabilities, etc). I also found the ambiguity of the questions in general was bad. The afternoon question set on immunization, I read it four or five times because I felt an important piece of information was missing. I remember coming out of the exam and telling friends like I felt the exam was written by the “B” team this year and that they did so in a hurry. From my recollection, level one and level two were fairly straight forward except when it came to ethics.

Buddam, I agree with that Schweser misinformed that calculation is not needed and the question appeared on the exam e.g. immunization with 2 & 10 year bond. I feel like suing Schwese. Did CFAI mock exams helped?

bills Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Buddam, I agree with that Schweser misinformed > that calculation is not needed and the question > appeared on the exam e.g. immunization with 2 & 10 > year bond. I feel like suing Schwese. > Did CFAI mock exams helped? This type of question was in the CFA mock exams.

I learned it in the Mock. It was actually straight forward. Just 2 equations with 2 unknown variables

Bacaladitos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I learned it in the Mock. It was actually straight > forward. Just 2 equations with 2 unknown variables exactly