What do I do? "Promotion", no raise.

I feel the same frustration for similar reasons. While reading your post, I was thinking we must work for the same bank. I currently have 0 trust for upper mgmt.

Thanks for the responses. I got the title. Three month probationary period. Gonna run with it and do my best and see what comes of it. Mo - you’re right, there’s only upside here: I still have a paycheck, I am improving my resume, I have a chance to prove my worth, and there may be a potential payoff at the end of the rainbow.

Congratulations man. It’s all on you now to make it happen, don’t let it slip. A lot of people would love to have this kind of opportunity at the moment. Good luck !

mcthorp, Can you be a PM during day & bartender at night, until things settle? It is tough with children+demanding job etc, but think about it. There are several people now with kids+family who dont have a job and happy to work in remote locations, leaving their family behind. It is ugly out there. I am old enough to understand your situation… Based on the crappy job market now, I strongly urge you not to quit your job, getting that job is difficult. Meanwhile if the economy turns around, you will get a good job somewhere else.