What do you do with old CFAI textbooks?

Is there any good reason I should keep my old CFAI textbooks? I already passed Level I, so I don’t need these to study. I don’t need my old Level 2 books even though I have to take the exam again. I’ll be studying from the new books, not the old ones. Given all this and the fact that the books are included in the registration, these books have no resale value. Given this, is there ANY reason I need to keep the old books.

I took levels 1 and 2 when you had to buy the actual text books (the info was not compiled by the CFA into the books they offer now). I kept the books that I could use for work (like the Financial Statement Analysis book) and threw out the books I didn’t need (like fixed income analysis. I still reference the FSA text book on occassion.

Sacrifice them to QQQBBEeEEEEeeq.

What M&E said is true. I keep a few around as references, chuck the ones you don’t need. They have little to no resale value, because CFAI includes a set when you register. I had to look up one of the more obscure FCF calculations the other day, was amazed as I flipped through to see how much knowledge had run screaming out of my mind when I wasn’t looking.

I keep them as a momento to all I had to go through. And the occasional reference.

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I keep them as a momento to all I had to go > through. And the occasional reference. ditto

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sacrifice them to QQQBBEeEEEEeeq. holy sh!t did I lol

Mine became decorations in my office “mini library”.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sacrifice them to QQQBBEeEEEEeeq. QQQBBEeEEEEeeq doesn’t need your textbooks to get passed. You see, he has so many certificates, plus he got a Master’s degree in economics I keep my textbooks just in case I am fired, and need to earn my living as a CFA tutor.

starbuk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jcole21 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Sacrifice them to QQQBBEeEEEEeeq. > > > holy sh!t did I lol Im rolling right now, that ish was hilarious!

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sacrifice them to QQQBBEeEEEEeeq. Hahaha… this is so so so lol

The proper method of sacrifice, is tearing out individual pages of the curriculum while chanting “bee bee bee bee bee…” evenly in a monotone, with the whites of your eyes showing, and drool coming out of your mouth like a rabid dog.

^ Or recycle all CFAI books into toilet papers and ship to Taiwan for the lord to use.

Bernanke Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ Or recycle all CFAI books into toilet papers and > ship to Taiwan for the lord to use. I ship myself as toilet papers for the lord to use. CFAI does not deserve the underside of our great lord.

I burned them in sacrifice to qqqbbee while using a hairshirt to remind myself of His Holiness.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bernanke Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ^ Or recycle all CFAI books into toilet papers > and > > ship to Taiwan for the lord to use. > > > I ship myself as toilet papers for the lord to > use. CFAI does not deserve the underside of our > great lord. Well said, Apostle ASS_MAN. No way we will let the underside of our lord be desecrated by heathen paper. Your sacrifice is not in vain Apostle ASS_MAN.