What do you drive?

I am guessing S2000 drives a 2004 Jaguar X-Type with 2.5l engine. Is this close?

His avatar means he drives a Ferrari.

I’m in the Bugatti Chiron

1 Like

That’s 1.

Myself crazy

2013 Nissan Pathfinder

2004 Mazda Tribute. 193k miles.

Love me the toyota Avalon - way under appreciated

Currently audi A4

Prior Infinity J30

what do you know about the timing chain tensioner?

what do you know about the timing chain tensioner?

2016 Ford Fusion

2014 Harley-Davidson Street Bob with a whole lot of fixins

I’m driving the family hauler right now – a 2011 Nissan Quest. Will switch to something sexier in a few years.

no, he drives horses.

Mine’s an '01: 235,000 miles.

They’re just like regular timing belt tensioners. You usually change them out when you do your timing belt (or in your case chain), water-pump, tensioner, auxiliary belt as part of your drivetrain maintenance.

But since yours is a chain, there is a high probability you drive something German (Audi, VW, BMW) and it’s going to be a pain to change because they’ll probably require transmission disassembly to get to it. I know a lot of people just replace the tension but after awhile the chain actually weakens, stretches, and can snap, which will cause havoc to your valve-train resulting in internal engine damage (piston colliding with your intake/exhaust valve).

VWJETTY, should I follow ChrisFix on YouTube for my car fixing needs, or is this guy full of sh*t?

I have a sweet Hyundai Sonata with cloth seats, hubcaps, and a big rock chip in the windshield.

nobody drives a pickup? You’re missing out. I went from a 3 series to an old avalanche and now a '17 Silverado 1500. I’ll never go back to a regular car.

^ no, everyone here seems comfortable with the size of their penis