What do you expect from employer if you pass?

Expect some congrats email from people People will ask me what I’m going to do next to be nice but in reality they are looking for me to make a funny joke Then people will starting sh!t behind my back wondering when I’m going to leave and/or if I ever got a raise for passing

Pimpin’, I get that bullshit all the time, “… the CFA? Is that like the series 7?” I guess if you have to ask you’ve already had your money squandered away by a broker with the series 7, haha.

I have a hard time even talking to anyone that compares it to the series 7. Trying to explain to them how much more difficult the CFA is without coming off sounding like an a-hole is really tough. I usually default to just being an a-hole, then I am the bad guy even though they asked the ridiculous question. Even better is people in the industry trying to compare their prep for the series 7 to what you go through trying to get the charter.

I know a girl who had a really tough time with the Series 7, I told her honestly don’t bother trying the CFA exams.

I remember sitting next to some moron for L1 that was upset his company forced their employees to pass L1 (only), despite him already having his series 7. to quote “some silly people in upper management think that if you didnt get a degree in finance or at least pass level 1 that you lack credibility in the business…I mean, I already have my series 7!”. I am taking that he didn’t study too much or wouldn’t have made the statement…

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know a girl who had a really tough time with the > Series 7, I told her honestly don’t bother trying > the CFA exams. Is she so hot that you can’t leave her alone ?

bell99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My boss hinted that he will put me as head of a > new division for asset management if I obtain the > charter. Reason? He said he cannot afford to hire > a CFA Charterholder from outside the company due > to limited budget. He said that a CFA > Charterholder’s pay is able to pay for three > employees. Implying I will be paid 1/3 of market > rate for this ‘prestigious’ job. > What? So you would be paid like $40k to do this?

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bell99 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > My boss hinted that he will put me as head of a > > new division for asset management if I obtain > the > > charter. Reason? He said he cannot afford to > hire > > a CFA Charterholder from outside the company > due > > to limited budget. He said that a CFA > > Charterholder’s pay is able to pay for three > > employees. Implying I will be paid 1/3 of > market > > rate for this ‘prestigious’ job. > > > > What? So you would be paid like $40k to do this? If the job is legit and not just title inflation, take the job, bag the experience, then go somewhere where they’ll honor the full price tag.

Raise and promotion

oldboy321 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > iteracom Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I know a girl who had a really tough time with > the > > Series 7, I told her honestly don’t bother > trying > > the CFA exams. > > > Is she so hot that you can’t leave her alone ? lol

Lunch, courtesy of my cheap-a$$ employer. Nothing more. Hopefully shortly after I’ll reward them with a 2-week notice.

oldboy321 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > iteracom Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I know a girl who had a really tough time with > the > > Series 7, I told her honestly don’t bother > trying > > the CFA exams. > > > Is she so hot that you can’t leave her alone ? I LOL’ed when I saw this…brilliant

Bargaining chip during incentive comp season…its understood that one more charterholder on staff just pads the stats of the organization.

the line kevin bacon said in sleepers.

I’m not even planning on telling anyone at work if I pass. I’m applying for jobs that require less than a high school diploma right now just so I can quit working where I do. The job outlook is getting worse by the day. Gotta know when to call the fight. . . . Everyone in my office had a “tough time” with the Series 7, hopefully they don’t have a tough time with the shit I leave under my desk when I quit to go work at Taco Johns. My finance career is over. . . . … .

keep in mind that this is from a fairly low base salary; but, they’ve consistently give me from 5-10 % raise on the two prior levels & when I passed my cfp.

ill expect them to get the first round on my leaving drinks!

strip dance…the prettiest nubile female colleague would volunteer…hell yeah!!!

Equity in Dallas Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > strip dance…the prettiest nubile female > colleague would volunteer…hell yeah!!! it’d be awesome if you gotta pick some to bring home afterwards too.