What do you plan to do with your CFA?

I thought it motivate us to share what career path you plan to take (or switch into) once you become a CFA. For example, I might want to go into equity research.

I’m with you. I want to do equity research pretty badly. Hopefully things pick up in the Chicago area. You want buy side or sell side?

After my CFA I plan to come to the States and do my MBA. Would definitely like to join trading floors.

The Knee - I’m not sure yet. I think I’m in the “finding myself” phase. I know I want to keep working at an IB but I just don’t really know where I belong. I figured with a CFA and CPA, I will have more of a choice. eighty - where are you now? Any specific MBA programs you’re applying to?

i foresee JD/CFA coming into play, want to do either bankruptcy or private equity law

Sell side equity research as a starting point.

please pardon me, the term BUY side and SELL side in not commonly used my country, it gets confusing sometimes in the CFA study. Will I be correct to say BUY side are PM while SELL side are IB? Pls help to clarify. To respond to original post, I fancy PM.

i currently work in asset management, private equity, but would like to get in a better firm…

Tmishin: Am in Pakistan right now. I plan to apply to good MBA schools hopefully soon!

Oal29 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > please pardon me, the term BUY side and SELL side > in not commonly used my country, it gets confusing > sometimes in the CFA study. > > Will I be correct to say BUY side are PM while > SELL side are IB? Pls help to clarify. This is correct. Buy side includes hedge funds as well.

I’ll take anything in the industry being that I’m a career changer and all. IBanking probably isn’t an option given my age however.

two chicks at the same time, duh

I will take the CFA home, pet it like a little dog and have it follow me around on a leash for happy times. Chuckrox8, lets try not to offend all the ladies taking the exam who also read this board.

I’m going to roll a fatty jay with my charter and smoke it.

Chuckrox, -If I had a CFA charter I would do nothing… I would sit back and watch the $ pour in! -Man, you don’t need a CFA charter to do nothing…My cousin doesn’t have a CFA charter and he dosn’t do s**t! I know what your talking about! Good quote, made me laugh!

You know I have 8 different bosses? Yeah 8. So when I screw up I have to hear about it 8 different times. Thats the only motivation for me to work, but you know Bob, that can only make a guy work so hard.

BizBanker- When I’m studying for the CFA… Everyday is the worst day of my life. Chuckrox8 - Even though I realize you are referring to Office Space, you have greatly offended me. I will mostly likely cry myself to sleep tonight.

tmishin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BizBanker- > > When I’m studying for the CFA… > > Everyday is the worst day of my life. > > Chuckrox8 - > > Even though I realize you are referring to Office > Space, you have greatly offended me. I will mostly > likely cry myself to sleep tonigh Derivatives makes me cry myself to sleep every night. In all seriousness, leverage the charter to “break” into ER and eventually land a HF gig or start my own PWM shop.

I’m a receptionist for 12 retail brokers right now. My wife makes more as a waitress working 2 nights a week than I do working 5 days a week. Anything would be better.

I have no plan before my lv3 takes out…