what does an assistant product development manager do?

Does he/she need to meet a certain target as done in sales or develop new products? Please also mention growth opportunities and career path for this position?

Varies too widely by firm/firm type to be able to answer.

In the mutual fund industry, product development generally wears a few hats. They help design new funds, help the PMs figure out capacity constraints when a fund gets large, supports product marketing, helps with product positioning/competitive analysis…that sort of stuff.

I’ve heard the position at a bank is far different though. Just depends what you’re looking at.

Make sure the job is Assistant Product Development Manager and not Assistant to the Product Development Manager, as these roles are very different.

What if its at an investment company? Its Assistant Manager - Product Development.

Is this for a job based in the US or Canada? I feel like we’re speaking two different languages here.

Its not in US or Canada. Its in South Asia.

sweep, before you waste anymore time on this, this is OP’s situation: https://www.analystforum.com/forums/careers/91365109

That was mean. I can’t even inquire about a position in an investment company.

I just don’t see the point of trying to help someone who expects a full answer without divulging any pertinent information. Wasting the time of people who want to help you is ‘mean’.

So don’t you think that you should ask. How would I know what information you need me to divulge? I am just asking about what kind of work does an assistant manager-product development do in an investment company? If you need to know the country where I reside to help you in answering my question then its Pakistan.

Is this a position you are thinking of applying for? If so, what el_macca is wondering (so am I), is if there is a job description attached to the opening that would have some additional info? Otherwise, are you able to find any information about similar positions online?

No there is no job description given for the position just the education requirements are mentioned. Also I tried searching about this job related to investment companies but didn’t find any. Hence I thought that since this is a Forum related to investments and finance someone in a similar position might be able to answer me.

Not sure if you’ve already tried this, but is it possible to reach out to the company/recruiter to get some information about the position? I understand that it might not be as professional over there in terms of job postings but definitely worth a try. They can’t expect you to apply for a position without you knowing what your responsibilities will be.

Thanks bazz.

You seem to be suffering from lacking basic common sense which could be the reason you are so disoriented in the first place.

People in this forum have been living, working, studying in the U.S and simply cannot relate to your situation because you live in another country with an entirely different work culture. They will inadvertently give you advice based on the metrics in the U.S which are vastly different from where you live and work. Yet you keep on asking questions that are very country/culture specific and seem to lack any understanding of this scenario. I am sure if you find a local forum people could assist you much better than the folks here can.

The only scenario in which your questions would serve you any value would be in the case of applying for programs here in the U.S or trying to work here, other than that asking questions about job descriptions or outcome of MBA programs in Pakistan is useless at best.

Thanks, Gabe. You nailed it.

OP, I wish you the best but I’m not sure we can help you. In fact, I’m pretty sure we’re detrimental to your efforts.

No, it’s not a matter of not being from the US. No person in any country could have answered this question without more information.

It may not technically be a matter of her being from the US, but it’s almost certainly a matter of english being her non-native tongue. If she was able to better articulate her questions and responses we may have been able to help. Or she has a learning disability. Hopefully the former.

No, her English is perfect. It’s just a matter of being a poor communicator, which is a different matter.

No, her written English is perfect. Perhaps her reading comprehension of English is lacking…which is a different matter.