What does CFA stand for?

syke, just kidding. The real question: I was doing a question that asked me to solve for beta. The answer said that I needed to use the formula: Beta(i) = st.dev.(i)/st.dev(m) x corr (i,m) where i = specific stock m = market Is this formula legit? I can’t find it in any of the CFAI books.

Yes, it is. Beta = Cov (i,m)/var(m)=Cov (i,m)/(stdv(m)^2 Cov(i,m)=Corr(i,m)*stdv(i)*stdv(m), replace it in the Beta formula

certified financial analyst? I think you’ll find that formula in PM.

The Cat Fanciers’ Association www.cfa.org Welcome to the Cat Fanciers’ Association, the world’s largest registry of pedigreed cats! At our site, you’ll find information on cat shows, cat breeds and cat care, and a showcase of top winning cats. You’ll also find the latest news about CFA and this Web site, a tour of CFA’s history, structure and goals, as well as the latest issue of Fanc-e-Mews, our free online magazine, and the Fanc-e-Classifieds, your purr-fect one-stop shopping place for all your feline needs. CFA has a number of programs that invite and encourage participation in the cat fancy, such as Junior Showmanship and our Mentor Program, and you can find a plethora of information in our Exhibitors Corner. If you are interested in a new kitten or a retired adult our Cat Breeders Referral Service is the ideal search tool. We also have a variety of press releases and source information for journalists to use. CFA hopes you find your visit to our site both educational and enjoyable. We are immensely grateful to those corporations who generously sponsor our cat shows and educational programs. Please send your comments to CFA at cfa@cfa.org

dang, I’ve been studying for the wrong designation. I knew something was wrong when there was a whole chapter on the way cats lick themselves.

©urrently (F)orgetting (A)lot