what does ink mean?

I’m a non native English speaker. On CFA website: "Constructed-response essay answers for Level III (AM session) … Use blue or black ink on the designated pages … … Level III candidates must bring number two, or HB, pencils and pens (with blue or black ink) for the essay portion of the examination. " What does ink mean exactly? The liquid ink pen? or just a normal ball pen could also be called “ink” pen? My question sounds very stupid, but please give me your kind advice!

it means regular ball pen

means you must use a Feather Quill plus a bottle of ink :slight_smile:

"The liquid ink pen? or just a normal ball pen could also be called “ink” pen? " You’ve been studying too much…you should take a break.

haha, big willy’s answer is apparently a joke. :slight_smile: Volkovv you serious? :wink:

Yes, just a regular old fashion Pen = Ink. You CAN use pencil if you want, seriously.

NetherlandsKat Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > haha, big willy’s answer is apparently a joke. :slight_smile: > > Volkovv you serious? :wink: RRREEEEAAAALLLYYY??? Oh come on, csk, stop creating fake accounts to do this funny jokes :stuck_out_tongue:

For the past month I’ve been using crayon to write IPS’s. Now I don’t feel I can do it any other way.

Netherlands - Don’t listen to these guys. Any pen is okay.

Pencil ok too, right?

Yes, just make sure its not lead based b/c you might get lead poisoning when you stab yourself in the arm out of frustration :slight_smile:

NetherlandsKat Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > haha, big willy’s answer is apparently a joke. :slight_smile: > > Volkovv you serious? :wink: yeah, i wasn’t joking

Sharpie

You can use a pencil, but the friction coefficient is higher when writing, leading to arm fatigue and possible FITP (fatigue inspired testing psychosis). After significant experimentation, and analysis of the results using a multi factor model, I have determined that the optimal pen is a Uni-Ball “signo”, available at any Staples or Office Depot. The tails weren’t leptokurtic, and the distribution was normal, so I am positing this at the 99% confidence level. IMPORTANT - Do not confuse the friction coefficient with the investment coefficient, which is used with the square root of breadth to calculate the information ratio. Gooman

Thanks for all your input, I think I need the ability to reject false and do not reject the truth…:wink:

And also to estimate the probibilities of error type 1 and error type 2. Anyway, thank everyone for their kind inputs, especially volkovv:) P.s. I am also a non-native English speaker from an emerging market…I find the Book 4 of SCHWESER very bad written for lack of background info on stock index future and some other derivatives…we don’t have such thing in our country:( NetherlandsKat Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks for all your input, I think I need the > ability to reject false and do not reject the > truth…:wink:

Jij ook weer hier! Beetje een onmogelijk examen vind je niet? Overigens Ink betekent INKT dat vloeibare spul wat in een pen zit. Hopelijk is je business engels beter;-) Veel succes!!

^ What he said…

JD, can you please clarify that pencil is allowed on the exam (AM portion). I called up CFAI, some chick told me pencil is not allowed. Maybe that was her first day there.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Netherlands - Don’t listen to these guys. Any > pen is okay. Are you sure? Last year I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw this girl writing her exam with one of those pens with sparkles in the ink!