What does MBA bring forth?

besides the same old mundane IB or consulting jobs? Most non-top3 MBA students incur 100k+ debt, get a corporate job, and get laid off when not needed. Is the network among ppl on the same boat worth the 100k?

It is worth more than that. But only if it is Ivy. You can get a very good job with an MNC (Part of what they call Global MBA Development Prog.), get a job that rotates you within all the spheres of the organization(much more real than working in finance, IMO), work 8-5pm, get posted anywhere in the world and get paid an expat salary.

There are lots of people outside the top 10 that get IB or consulting jobs.

I got a rash from my MBA, must be printed on cheap paper

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There are lots of people outside the top 10 that > get IB or consulting jobs. This reminds me of some survey results that showed that only 10% of CEOs have Ivy League degrees. Using this statistic, you could similarly argue that if only 1/100 people have Ivy League degrees, you are 10x more likely to become a CEO if you attended an Ivy League school. Similarly, some people from middle tier MBA programs get prestigious jobs. However, since there are so many of them compared to graduates from top tier programs, you are still much more likely to land a prestigious job if you have a top tier MBA.

^ +1