What have you done to change your life?

sjv1030 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mar350…you started a blog…but what about? > Your day-to-day finance life? > > I’ve always wanted to start one, yet I doubt > blogging about how I’m currently procrastinating > at work makes for exciting reading… yeah, its not about me though. i’m not quite up to making it public yet because i keep re-reading it and finding stuff i want to change. i basically write articles about recent news and things i have a perspective on. for example, i wrote an article about modern millionaires when the latest installment of jersey shore came out. i wrote about the business ventures of the gang (club promos, gym supplements, fragarences, etc.) and compared them to some other famous young guns (max levchin, frankie muniz, and kim kardashian) in how they use media and business together for success. i’ve been working on another (tighten that belt!) dealing with the budget cuts locally, nationally and personally, however, i’m not exactly sure where i’m going with it. the entire goal is to help with with my writing and to better organize my thoughts, ideas and arguments. its definitely working so far.

in 2005 I: -Quit a lucrative engineering job. Wanted to kill myself everyday at work, and was probably doing so with the amount of drinking done after work. -Learned economics. Learned basic accounting (thank god my sister was a business major and didn’t throw away her old books). Took and passed CFA1 December -Held odd jobs from computer troubleshooting, restaurant waiter, geeksquad (non of the jobs paid more than $12 an hr) to help pay bills. -Passed level 2 June 06, got job offer as buy side equity analyst in October. Now…on track to make 3x my salary as engineer doing stuff I absolutely LOVE. TAKE RISKS NOW OR FOREVER SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Hi Kevin, Awesome job buddy! Quick question for you : Did you have any prior financial work experience before you cleared level 1 CFA. I am in a same boat as you were in. Thinking to appear for CFA1 this December with zero financial background. Also how difficult was it to switch/find job once you cleared level 2? Would appreciate any tips/advice you can provide. Thanks, Amar

kevin0118 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > in 2005 I: > > -Quit a lucrative engineering job. Wanted to kill > myself everyday at work, and was probably doing so > with the amount of drinking done after work. > > -Learned economics. Learned basic accounting > (thank god my sister was a business major and > didn’t throw away her old books). Took and passed > CFA1 December > > -Held odd jobs from computer troubleshooting, > restaurant waiter, geeksquad (non of the jobs paid > more than $12 an hr) to help pay bills. > > -Passed level 2 June 06, got job offer as buy side > equity analyst in October. > > Now…on track to make 3x my salary as engineer > doing stuff I absolutely LOVE. > > TAKE RISKS NOW OR FOREVER SHUT YOUR MOUTH! not sure your engineering job was lucrative… :slight_smile:

kevin0118 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > in 2005 I: > > -Quit a lucrative engineering job. Wanted to kill > myself everyday at work, and was probably doing so > with the amount of drinking done after work. > > -Learned economics. Learned basic accounting > (thank god my sister was a business major and > didn’t throw away her old books). Took and passed > CFA1 December > > -Held odd jobs from computer troubleshooting, > restaurant waiter, geeksquad (non of the jobs paid > more than $12 an hr) to help pay bills. > > -Passed level 2 June 06, got job offer as buy side > equity analyst in October. > > Now…on track to make 3x my salary as engineer > doing stuff I absolutely LOVE. > > TAKE RISKS NOW OR FOREVER SHUT YOUR MOUTH! Awesome! congrats!

kevin0118 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > in 2005 I: > > -Quit a lucrative engineering job. Wanted to kill > myself everyday at work, and was probably doing so > with the amount of drinking done after work. > > -Learned economics. Learned basic accounting > (thank god my sister was a business major and > didn’t throw away her old books). Took and passed > CFA1 December > > -Held odd jobs from computer troubleshooting, > restaurant waiter, geeksquad (non of the jobs paid > more than $12 an hr) to help pay bills. > > -Passed level 2 June 06, got job offer as buy side > equity analyst in October. > > Now…on track to make 3x my salary as engineer > doing stuff I absolutely LOVE. > > TAKE RISKS NOW OR FOREVER SHUT YOUR MOUTH! do you mean financial engineer . . . or you mean you switched to civil/electrical engineering?