What have you sacrificed for this exam?

I’ve been very intentional about not sacrificing what’s really important. Life is very short and I don’t want to have regrets when I look back. One of the things I’ve really enjoyed this year was comradery on AF.

so far studying has been the perfect excuse to skip out on wedding planning… every time my fiance comes to me with flower choices i hold up the ethics handbook

Pencil2000, Your buddies wouldn’t happen to be the fellows from CardRunners? I’m a member of CR’s and a level II candidate, but I’m not taking the LII until June of 2009. I read about the Mansion trip on Taylor Caby’s blog. That sucks you couldn’t make it!

WTF? You didnt go? I jsut came back from Vegas cause it was free. There will always be another CFA exam next year.

Wow Budfox. That’s pretty hardcore. I hope you got a lot of studying done.

I am sacrificing my sanity at this point…

schuurmer, No my buddy runs an actual gambling website. Not the same outfit. The pics were hilarious though, i was loving the painted on shirts and shorts the ladies were wearing lol! The only good news I’ve had is that he bought the same package for next year’s event…so regardles if I pass or fail L2, I’m booking off some time for that event regardless. Not going to miss a party at the mansion twice!!!

I am absolutely crushed. My GF dumped me. I am so depressed right now, I don’t know if I can carry on with this test. All motivation has been thrown out the window. Not only that, she is seeing someone else. I don’t know what to do, me heart is broken and I feel like I am dying on the inside.

Are those girls in the mansion like paid hookers? Is there a wild orgy there every night? Missing a playboy mansion party is like missing a big story to tell your grandkids. Which story would you rather tell your grandkids, I studied like crazy for the CFA exam or I went to the Playboy mansion and it was a blast.

CFAdummy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are those girls in the mansion like paid hookers? > Is there a wild orgy there every night? Missing a > playboy mansion party is like missing a big story > to tell your grandkids. Which story would you > rather tell your grandkids, I studied like crazy > for the CFA exam or I went to the Playboy mansion > and it was a blast. you might have many more playboy mansion stories to tell if you get through the CFA …

Ok ok I know! I’m kicking myself in the ass because I didn’t go! Like I said, next year I’m there for sure. My buddies are now questioning my sexuality because I am probably the only straight guy to ever voluntarily give up the chance to party at the playboy mansion…lol

Son of Man Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am absolutely crushed. My GF dumped me. I am so > depressed right now, I don’t know if I can carry > on with this test. All motivation has been thrown > out the window. Not only that, she is seeing > someone else. I don’t know what to do, me heart is > broken and I feel like I am dying on the inside. I know others here that have been through the same thing. Nothing else to say but that sucks. We both know you have to suck it up. You don’t got time to be depressed. And here is how you get over her. Get flippin mad at her. Don’t let her get under your skin. Think what a mean thing she did to you right before the exam. Trust me studying mad is a lot better then studying depressed. After the test you can feel however you want to feel.

this thread rocks.

Hm, I was quite busy hiding this whole forum from everyone dear to me.

sacrificing my a good night sleep… 3:09AM and bothering with ICAPM… :frowning:

Next time try to find a girl also taking the CFA so she’ll understand. My wife’s taking level I and we’ve just hardly spoken in 5 months…except for arguments from being so stressed out. Ok, I’m exaggerating a bit, but it is better having her study also this year as opposed to last year when it was just me.

Sounds like a nightmare. Last thing I want to do with my girl is talk about CFA. We have better things to do. Also, I don’t quite care if other understand that I have to work for this exam, as long as I do and pass I’m quite happy.

pink f that broad

Yeah mcpass we try not to talk about it too much. It’s just that it’s easier b/c she’s not feeling left out by me having to study all the time since she’s also occupied.