What have you sacrificed for this exam?

Obviously the opportunity costs are large for this exam, in terms of time, not seeing family and friends, etc. What are the biggest things you’ve missed out on? If we post these things and think about how much we’ve put in at this point, it should give us that much more motivation to kill it the next 10-11 days and make sure we get through this thing. My biggest 2: My ex-college roommate/best man was diagnosed w/ a brain tumor about 3 weeks ago, had surgery a couple days later, and found out it was cancer last week. He’s w/in 2 hours but I’ve only seen him in the twice and feel quite guilty about it, since he’s in the hospital for awhile yet. I was in India for 3 weeks for work, and spent a weekend in Goa (in March). I spent 2 days studying @ the beach (not that I didn’t have a lot of fun, too, but c’mon shouldn’t I get 5 bonus points for that?) Well, maybe 1 day, since the first day consisted of staring at my book and flipping through about 6 pages in 5 hours while drinking cocktails and Kingfishers. So what have you missed out on that’s going to motivate the heck out of you until 5 p.m. on June 7th?

I sacrificed a wild goat on Wednesday.

Not much. My romantic stasis, lax attitude at work, and being an all-around jack@ass continue to pay high dividends in my CFA preparation.

I had to listen to pinkman cry all day long about his 36hour study days plus i lost some hair too but let’s look at the bright side I gained too… some weight

opportunity cost is too high… i don’t even want to get into it…

i sacrificed time… but nothing major… is it going to be worth it ?

hair sleep and a few concerts - including madonna and bon jovi and scorpions…

I love Bon jovi, the scorpions were wicked too back in the day, wouldn’t see them now though. Madonna sux.

swan!!? it’s wayyyy past your bedtime…go to sleep…

Got married in Feb, since then busy with this…so I guess I have missed out on my honeymoon :slight_smile:

Lost my gf, hopefully I can get her back. We were going to move in and the next step was likely marriage.

PhillyBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Lost my gf, hopefully I can get her back. We were > going to move in and the next step was likely > marriage. Live life, get a new one!!!

I didn’t watch Ironman or Indiana Jones :frowning:

I used to have this thing called ‘a life’

True. get a new!!

Thanks mcpass. If I don’t pass it will be for nothing!

My 3 year old daughter is now 4, and I think I saw her for 45 minutes so far in 2008

Didn’t lose much…but did get a really good Ulcer!!!

Ok I sacrificed a LOT… My buddy runs a company and is involved in the poker industry. He sponsored an event last weekend in LA…it was a celebrity poker event. So he got 10 tickets to the event through the sponsorship… Yeah yeah, not a big deal but here’s the kicker. The event was held at THE PLAYBOY MANSION. Yes, the playboy mansion in Beverley Hills. So of course he had a ticket for me, which I couldn’t use. The ticket included (and this is from the advertisement for the event) " Access to the Playboy Mansion and a guided tour hosted by 2 playboy playmates. Unlimited drinks at the party and access to the infamous “grotto”, bring your swim suit or not!! " He had 10 tickets so of course the boys rented a penthouse apartment in Venice Beach for the weekend. (check out this place it is crazy!! www.venicebeachpenthouse.com ) And they got limo service to and from the playboy mansion. I saw the pics from the party and it was everything you’ve ever heard of for a playboy party, we’re talking naked girls everywhere…I am soooooo sour!! Now tell me I DIDN’T SACRIFICE!!!

pencil2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ok I sacrificed a LOT… > > My buddy runs a company and is involved in the > poker industry. He sponsored an event last > weekend in LA…it was a celebrity poker event. > So he got 10 tickets to the event through the > sponsorship… > > Yeah yeah, not a big deal but here’s the kicker. > The event was held at THE PLAYBOY MANSION. Yes, > the playboy mansion in Beverley Hills. > > So of course he had a ticket for me, which I > couldn’t use. The ticket included (and this is > from the advertisement for the event) > " Access to the Playboy Mansion and a guided tour > hosted by 2 playboy playmates. Unlimited drinks > at the party and access to the infamous “grotto”, > bring your swim suit or not!! " > > He had 10 tickets so of course the boys rented a > penthouse apartment in Venice Beach for the > weekend. (check out this place it is crazy!! > www.venicebeachpenthouse.com ) > > And they got limo service to and from the playboy > mansion. > > I saw the pics from the party and it was > everything you’ve ever heard of for a playboy > party, we’re talking naked girls everywhere…I > am soooooo sour!! > > Now tell me I DIDN’T SACRIFICE!!! okay, seriously. you have to draw the line somewhere. WTF??? you should have gone. I mean really. You could have brought your flashcards. I hear chicks dig the flashcards.