What helped me pass the exam

I wasn’t a regular member of this forum while preparing for the CFA level 2 so I thought I would post this message for the new members, or anyone who I can help. Here are the steps I followed to pass the CFA level 2 exam. This is mostly for the NEW members as the regulars on here definitely don’t need any of my advice. 1. Read schweser and did ALL of the question. 1. Read CFAI text material for my weak topics (quant, derivatives) and did ALL of the CFAI questions for all topics. 3. Did 40% of question bank. 4. Went through the schweser final meterial (secret sauce and so on) and if I didn’t feel like I was an expert in an area I went back to schweser and re-read it. 5. Did the CFAI exams (1 purchased) and and the schweser exams. I spent about 3.5 months (about 210 hours) on the above, but I would HIGHLY recommend that you spend 6-7 months on it specially if you have to work overtime like myself. Wish all of the new members the best of luck in 2010. It took me a long time to realize the benefits of this website but there is no need for you all to be lurkers long term. Do post any questions you have as the regular members on this site are very helpful.

I PASSED LEVEL 1 WITH SCHWESER ONLY PASSED LEVEL 2 WITH CFAI CURRICULUM ONLY WITH END OF CHAPTER QUESTIONS

Shout, shout… let it all out.