What I don't get...

is how we can get 36 q’s wrong and still comfortably pass. BUT >60% of us will fail. Every point counts. I got several ‘gimme’ q’s wrong just b/c of the stress from the exam. So, compound that with the tough q’s I most likely got wrong - and that 36 q window closes dramatically. Still can’t believe they put that Econ item set on it…

I’d like to think I’ll pass, but theres really no point in staying on here, discussing the answers etc. I’ll put myself at 50-50. I just can’t see myself having better odds. We can only share our sorrows and painstaking wait till the day of the results. So till then, stop worrying, and besides if you really want it, you can always do it again…

the econ item set was very surprising. i messed BOP but hopefully salvaged a 4/6. PM was surprising also but after all of the talk about it last year, i wasn’t surprised to get a lot of questions on one little topic. sadly i didn’t study up much on the minimum variance frontier so i’m hoping for a 3/6 in this section- i think i hit the 2 calculations and hopefully one or 2 of the yes/no yes/yes whatever ones will fall my way. disappointing i think is the fact that so much text is given to stuff like PM now but it only amounts to 6 questions. granted, you can’t just blow off 6 questions and expect to make up those points somewhere, but man, those are 6 tough points to win when you study hard ICAPM and IPS stuff and the 1/n var + n-1/n cov whatever formula (probably have that wrong and forgot it by now). this year with the extra equity set (if you count alts as equity) and 1 less PM, it’s even more so a FSA/Equity/Ethics test b/c quant/econ/pm were only 1 set each. i’ve always been pretty balanced in my studies not skipping anything and of course they can only give so many item sets, but i was almost surprised to see so little quant/pm- they probably could’ve nicely mixed up a 6 q item set for a few quant, few PM, and even some econ- it’d make a nice international vignette. overall if i don’t pass this year, shame on me because all things considered, the test kind of played to my so called stronger areas- quant for me is weak, less was more. ethics was harder than i wanted it to be. i’d love to think i went 10/12 but really, i might’ve gone 7/12ish. i think i showed up to play, though, and didn’t get too stressed or bogged down on time. i hope you did what you needed to do to move on up 3-letters!

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the econ item set was very surprising. i messed > BOP but hopefully salvaged a 4/6. PM was > surprising also but after all of the talk about it > last year, i wasn’t surprised to get a lot of > questions on one little topic. sadly i didn’t > study up much on the minimum variance frontier so > i’m hoping for a 3/6 in this section- i think i > hit the 2 calculations and hopefully one or 2 of > the yes/no yes/yes whatever ones will fall my way. > disappointing i think is the fact that so much > text is given to stuff like PM now but it only > amounts to 6 questions. granted, you can’t just > blow off 6 questions and expect to make up those > points somewhere, but man, those are 6 tough > points to win when you study hard ICAPM and IPS > stuff and the 1/n var + n-1/n cov whatever formula > (probably have that wrong and forgot it by now). > this year with the extra equity set (if you count > alts as equity) and 1 less PM, it’s even more so a > FSA/Equity/Ethics test b/c quant/econ/pm were only > 1 set each. i’ve always been pretty balanced in > my studies not skipping anything and of course > they can only give so many item sets, but i was > almost surprised to see so little quant/pm- they > probably could’ve nicely mixed up a 6 q item set > for a few quant, few PM, and even some econ- it’d > make a nice international vignette. overall if i > don’t pass this year, shame on me because all > things considered, the test kind of played to my > so called stronger areas- quant for me is weak, > less was more. ethics was harder than i wanted > it to be. i’d love to think i went 10/12 but > really, i might’ve gone 7/12ish. i think i showed > up to play, though, and didn’t get too stressed or > bogged down on time. > > i hope you did what you needed to do to move on up > 3-letters! WORD!!!