What is a good place for business dinner?

Yes

go to Yuka fool.

I’ve found in my life if you don’t eat certain things and its not for religious reasons, people just don’t understand. But if its to please a made up guy in the sky, then it’s perfectly rational.

That’s life, deal with it. I don’t likeThai or Indian restaurants, but I don’t expect a group to accomodate my personal tastes.

Doesn’t matter to me if the guy doesn’t eat cows because his parents taught him the spaghetti monster forbids it, or if his parents taught him that cow farts are destroying the planet. I just accept that the guy doesn’t eat cows.

I eat cows so I’m not 100% sure about this, but I’d think just about every steakhouse has a fish/chicken/vegetarian option.

Nell’s, Harry’s, Arcadia, and, of course, Dorsia…but you’ll never get a table there.

beef is notoriously hard to process. i can vouch for that. i shouldn’t eat steak but do on occasion and pay for it. he could have a gastrointestinal issue but doesn’t want to disclose due to business relationship. i’m sure the steakhouse has seafood or chicken and he could get by.

Yes, he offered to eat chicken or fish, but since it’s my call, I said let’s do something else. I don’t want to bring people somewhere where he can only order from part of the menu, or if he will be surrounded by people eating cows. Probably doesn’t matter, but it’s always better to be over polite in this sort of setting.

^ A very noble gesture on your part ohai.

ohai is a great dude, i was surprised he isnt of german descent

Are these clients or people you’re otherwise trying to impress? If so, being overly polite can be considered a form of weakness. If you’re dead set on catering to this guy’s needs, at least go alpha on him and never break eye contact throughout the entire meal.

STL, you are an amazing bank of AF-lore.

Well played, well played, indeed.

I guess I am technically the client. However, being first in line for various things can be very advantageous. In addition, if I wanted to change jobs, these guys will put me in touch with another desk. Thus, it is still important to cultivate a good relationship and establish a good reputation.

Who made the eye contact post? Seems like something I might have said, although I would probably add that you should spread your legs and even prop your leg up on a chair to reinforce the “power pose”.

I forget who posted it, but it was this guy who said that he wanted to walk in and dominate a room. He decided he would never be the person who broke eye contact first, since that was a sign of submission.

I forget the link, but I remmeber thinking the guy must be incredibly insecure or just have a wacky view of life if he felt that this was they way to be powerful and domineering. If the guy still posts here, I hope he’s had enough experience to revise his approach (and I think he came around a bit during the thread). It’s fine to want to have a big presence (or more accurately, to want not to be easily dismissed), but the idea that staring someone down is the way to do it was clearly counterproductive outside of a few very select situations.

So Ohai, where did you end up going?

^^I’m just trying to remember off the top of my head but I think it was whatsyourgovt that made the post.

We are going to the pretentious sushi restaurant on 57th street, just south of Central Park.

Nobu 57? see you there! i’ll be looking for the dog.

This is true. Make sure you’re eating a comically large piece of cow when you’re making the eye contact.