What is the end result?

I wish I had the required “skills” to be a stripper (male); talk about an easy way to make nice money.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > candi with an i. .

i’m a dude. you may go throw up now.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wish I had the required “skills” to be a > stripper (male); talk about an easy way to make > nice money. True. Have seen male dancer (not stripper) hired by night clubs dancing on the corners. In male stripper business, you don’t need very good looks but six pecks.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > btw. you could be a stripper/prostitute and make > over 150k a year. if you only work for money, i’d > consider moving into that field. > > - Not everybody can make money in that profession. > You need “required skills” which OP lacks. According the the OP he is going to be f*cked either way…might as well take the route with the least risk of catching a disease or being left in a ditch (or both)… so the obvious choice is prostitution. Best, TheChad

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i agree. zai jian to you. > > the opportunities will re-emerge. the fact that > you took the cfa for money shows me that you > should stop this second. do you really want to do > something for the rest of your life just for > money. should you be spending half your days doing > something you enjoy, rather then making money so > you can sleep in a nice house? this is coming from > a 23 yo who i think has a greater understanding of > life than yourself. please get out of my program > if you’re in it for money. stick to an top-tier > mba. > > btw. you could be a stripper/prostitute and make > over 150k a year. if you only work for money, i’d > consider moving into that field. I think a ton of people signed up for the CFA, at least in part because of money. I know i did

not sure why you guys spend so much time trying to get someone to complete the charter. let him stay in back office making his “150k”.

For those of you that are attacking me on a personal basis, growup, but then again that is what is great about the internet you can attack someone personally and not have to worry about getting a foot in your @ss. And for those of you that claim you are not doing the CFA for the money, please? Finance = money. If there are any Level 3 candidates or Charter holders not doing this for the money I got 2 back office positions I need to fill, just send me your resume. 40k to start. If I get enough resumes, maybe I can replace my whole staff of 40 with charter holders. lemonlou1@gmail.com

lemonlou1 - you are a bitter man. Let me counter a few of your points. I don’t live in NY/Chicago/SF and I do make over “100k” in a front office job. I reached this salary level when I was still a Level 1 candidate two years ago. I have just completed the program. the benefits of the charter don’t occur overnight. The benefits occur when you re-enter the workforce and have a competitive advantage because of both the certification and the knowledge base. Moreover, your little back office gig probably has a ceiling. Once you get a “real” finance job (i.e. front office) you have no ceiling. $1MM plus is actually attainable. You sound like a bitter a$$.

lemonlou1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For those of you that are attacking me on a > personal basis, growup, but then again that is > what is great about the internet you can attack > someone personally and not have to worry about > getting a foot in your @ss. And for those of you > that claim you are not doing the CFA for the > money, please? Finance = money. If there are any > Level 3 candidates or Charter holders not doing > this for the money I got 2 back office positions I > need to fill, just send me your resume. 40k to > start. If I get enough resumes, maybe I can > replace my whole staff of 40 with charter holders. > lemonlou1@gmail.com then don’t do it man - you’ve been given some reasons why you should continue - for me personally it would bother me to be that close and then quite - maybe you don’t care - career opportunites ( money ) is certainly a part of it - but i can guarantee you a large proportion of people in this forum put themselves through hell because there’s a personal satisfaction to it quit if you don’t see the point - but don’t be surprised when you regret it later.

I totally agree with capgroup09. “Moreover, your little back office gig probably has a ceiling.” Having 40 people (according to lemonlou1 said) working under him/her and getting paid for $150K. That’s exactly the point! Our MD-to-be in technoloy has 200 people working for him globally and he failed to make MD twice in a row - he is for sure going to make it this year. In contrast, I worked with front-office MDs (also in technology) who has around 5 people working under him and he is an MD. The opportunities in front-office is just way more different. I’ve been in both areas and I think I would still choose the front-office jobs. However, this time, I am hoping to be in the business/profit generating side.

If this quitter wants to qut, I say let the quitter quit because quitting quitters make it easier for those of us with determination who are determined to never be called a quitting quitter because that’s what determined people showing determination do. Wherever this back office position where LemonLaw (1-800…MY LEMON - couldn’t resist) manages an army of minions is, it seems as though they’d probably value the determination of someone who faces a bump in the road and instantly throws up their hands and quits. Hell, it hasn’t happened to me yet, but I know that if I ever were to fail a level, I’d definitely instantly throw in the towel. I’m a QIT (quitter-in-training). That’s just me.

Capgroup 9 are you in Irvine. Thats what I thought tuff guy. Let me take out my bitterness on your face.

Lemonlouser - I’m in la. Email me axis4321 at hotmail. I will meet you anytime anywhere in southern california. You want to talk tough big guy. Let’s see how big of a man you are.

Take it to the Hook Up forum.

F this guy lemonlouser. He wants to get pissed because other people have achieved greater success than he. Then he wants to talk tough via a chatroom. I’ll whip him.

c’mon now… we’re all a bunch of finance geeks, let’s all drop the tough guy stuff and let it go.

what an unfortunate conversation! So this lemon guy thinks CFA is useless and everyone is ready to tear him to pieces. Whoa! what a great way to handle criticism. Everyone has the right to say what they feel, Just because he said that he doesn’t find value in CFA program, all of you on level 3 forum attack him on personal basis! That’s very immature IMHO.

Is anyone actually willing to throw down over someone’s opinion of the value of a CFA Charter? This is a joke. It has to be a joke.

This is my favourite thread