what is the most important session in LII?

i am gonna select some important sessions in the curriculum to read i figure that it is impossible for me to go through the whole 6 books Thx

I haven’t gone through the curriculum for level 2 in depth. But hopefully this link should help. http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/topicareaweights.html My experience and observations from the previous level suggests that you cannot pass the exam without being sufficiently prepared for all the topics.

“My experience and observations from the previous level suggests that you cannot pass the exam without being sufficiently prepared for all the topics.” 100% agree.

well i didn’t mean that i would skip some topics, but i will read the curriculum as to important topics, and read study notes when it comes to unimportant sessions. do you think it is practical? thanks

I haven’t taken LII yet, but judging from the number of questions on the test, it seems as if all of the FSA and equity valutions models are the highlight of LII. However, looking at the results of those who passed the last LII exam, most of them had > 70% in most of the areas except maybe Portfolio Mgmt and some other area in which they had a low - med score.

i m getting very frustrated reading SS11,12 and 13… i say that is the toughest part of the exam.

Based off the weightings from June 07: Financial Statement Analysis - 30.00% Equity Analysis - 20.00% Derivatives - 10.00% Ethical & Professional Standards - 10.00% Fixed Income Analysis - 10.00% General Portfolio Management - 10.00% Economics - 5.00% Quantitative Analysis - 5.00% FSA and Equity are 50% of the exam - spend the most time on those topics.

One should also keep in mind that merely scoring over 70% in economics, FSA, equity analysis & fixed income analysis is in no way a garantee to pass […]

I’ll tell you right after the exam!