What is the passing cut off in L3 ?

Popular belief in L1/2 was abt that 70 of top5-10% thing and hence close to 65-66 % in real But in L3…will it be lower cause of AM section Though I found PM sections (on schweser + CFA mocks) easier than in L2…AM surely is different story all together

any comments ?

Aim for 100% and you are golden. Just assume 70, will be closer to 65% according to general opinion but I think low 60’s will get you through.

I doubt whether a low 60s is a pass. Certainly not if the crude way of calculating a result (base don the bands they give) is an indication. But I sincerely hope you are right. I pray you are right!

Don’t forget the ethics adjustment. My guess is 62-63 if you get 70+ on ethics but 64-65 if you don’t.

99%

What’s the 5-10% thing?

lower 60s

65 should do to be safe. get a 60 on morning and 70 plus on the afternoon and your set.

Alchemist1320 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > any comments ? Unless you know the material well enough that you can hit your target score at will (and then leave the rest of the test blank), worrying about the passing score is pretty pointless.

afjunkie_999 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 65 should do to be safe. get a 60 on morning and > 70 plus on the afternoon and your set. That’s the plan my friend

skillionaire Wrote: > > Unless you know the material well enough that you > can hit your target score at will (and then leave > the rest of the test blank), worrying about the > passing score is pretty pointless. seriously, these types of threads are a pointless waste of time

AlwaysBeClosing Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > skillionaire Wrote: > > > > > Unless you know the material well enough that > you > > can hit your target score at will (and then > leave > > the rest of the test blank), worrying about the > > passing score is pretty pointless. > > seriously, these types of threads are a pointless > waste of time Lol…it reminds me of last year, when after the test some guy/gal wrote a furious letter to the CFAI that they’d “moved the bar” because they still recommended that 70%+ was a pass and s/he figured that the rate must’ve been higher than that because of the move from 4 choices to 3 choices. Pretty comical; it’s in the L2 forum for anyone who’d like a laugh.

Lol…classic. "The CFAI instructs us to aim for a 70% score in order to “insure” a pass. This seems to have changed this year, as the 3 question format seems to have moved the basic score upwards. The only problem is that CFAI never updated the guidance. Personally, I would have been ready to score 75 or 80 if I had been advised. " http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,1048589,page=1

lol, thats hilarious. i don’t know about you guys, but since they moved to 3 instead of 4 in multiple choice, it has made basically no differents in my results.

I don’t understand why the posters do not research about the MPS thing. MPS says that passing score will be determined by 70% of top 1%. For ex - 20,000 students are taking L3 this year. 1% is 200. So suppose the average score of top 200 students is 90% (I don’t think that top 200 or anyone in this matter score 100% in the exam) and then 70% of 90% is 63% which would be a passing score. I know CFAI customer rep might be laughing after seeing this stupid email. The email sender should be barred from the program because of his stupidity.

that letter is hillarious… but I think this thread also is a bit of a waste… seeing people predict passing scores in the mid to low 60s is terrifying… I think it is higher than that… but who cares what the passing score is, just try to get the highest you possibly can and then let the rest take care of itself… and for the record, i think that a 63 in the morning and a 75 in afternoon gets the deed done

Friends, relax…no point in sending 3-4 replies on a pointless thread… 4 someone like me it might have been a useful info…that in L3…final passing cut off is 2-3 % lower than say in L-2/L-1…( wanted to have a quick dipstick check on AF)… middle 30 % of candidates fall in MPS ± 2-3 %…and that pretty much makes the cut or doesn’t anyways leave all these nitty-gritty…those who can…please score 99.9999 % ( given a choice…who wont)…others do your best… all the best to everyone