What is your plan for the next 11 1/2 days?

jasonindc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have spent so much time studying for this thing, > too much time invested. > > So far, since January, I did the following: > > 0) Read about 40% of the CFAI Material (Ethics, > Quant, Derivatives) > 1) Read all Schweser Notes > 2) Did all 3800 Q Bank > 3) Did all Schweser Practice Exams > 4) Listened to the Schweser Videos > 5) Did the Schweser 3 day live seminar > 6) Did the online problem solving seminar > 7) Did the John Harris Financinal Accounting > Seminar > > My plan for the last few days > > 1) Reread Schweser Notes…started yesterday, I am > almost done with Book 2…goal to get through > these by next Saturday. > 2) Skim through the CFAI books…and re read the > sections that I am having the most difficulty with > (Time Series, Porter, RI models, and FRAs/Currency > Swaps, PM) in detail > 3) Reread my notes from the Schweser 3 day > 4) Friday…one last read of the Schweser Secret > Sauce > 5) Saturday…get to the testing center by > 7…take the last 45 minutes to scan over the > Schweser Quicksheet > 6) Saturday lunch break…scan for 15 minutes the > quicksheet on the topics that were not tested in > the morning section. > > I am totally done with Practice > exams…personally I was so disgusted with the > format of the CFAi practice exam and not having it > on paper, I am not planning on doing the > others…I feel that I have prepared as much as I > can. So much??? I feel way underprepared now. I just started 85 days ago :frowning:

BHahesy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 60% failing really doesn’t make L2 seem so > scary > > when I think about all the clueless kids I’ve > run > > into at Starbucks lately. > > Seriously? Since they have experienced L1 I would > not expect this to be the case. > Interesting… I don’t think it’s that hard to squeak by in L1. The material is pretty basic. I think a lot of people think that they will be able to pass L2 by putting forth the same amount of effort… only to be terribly mistaken.

BHahesy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 60% failing really doesn’t make L2 seem so > scary > > when I think about all the clueless kids I’ve > run > > into at Starbucks lately. > > Seriously? Since they have experienced L1 I would > not expect this to be the case. > Interesting… I agree with you, after LI, I came into LII realizing it would take that effort^2 but alot of LI passers seemed to take passing as an irrational ego boost that they were gonna hit LII with similar prep.

Honestly, I thought that I worked hard for Level 1, but I have put 3 TIMES as much effort into Level 2.

I’m probably up there at 3X L1 studies now too, and the scary thing is that I don’t feel prepared enough for it… that blows.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree with you, after LI, I came into LII > realizing it would take that effort^2 but alot of > LI passers seemed to take passing as an irrational > ego boost that they were gonna hit LII with > similar prep. I hope there we alot of these people around. :wink:

don’t know how when i’ll do the cfa mocks. probably next weekend… like it or not, i’m doing vignettes out of book 7 for now. especially ethics… doing as many ethics in vignette format as possible. reviewed most of port mgmt. today. there’s just a ton of sh*t there that i forgot. will do fixed income one more time - reviewing notes and flash cards - i still can’t memorize the duration and convexity formulas. god help me. and do fsa hard one more time.

Equities, Ethics and FSA. If time permit may be a test or two

just finished up my review, port management was not fun. from here on in, mock tests.

Niblita75 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am probably going to do at least 1. I think I am > going to only purchase one at a time though. If I > do one and realize that I hate life as I did for > the V2 sample, I won’t want to attempt the other. > > > Tomorrow I start doing the actual book 7. Today I > took the 96 questions of the 06 exam with good > results. I wish I sat for the exam then . . . Nibi, What did you score in 06 exam (2006)? I took today and scored 66%.It wasnt bad but I did made some stupid mistakes. Not much FSA though which I think I can take it.

dont think i ll hve time to do any cfai… i ll just go with secret sauce… review qbank… and complete the mock/sample exams

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Niblita75 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I am probably going to do at least 1. I think I > am > > going to only purchase one at a time though. If > I > > do one and realize that I hate life as I did > for > > the V2 sample, I won’t want to attempt the > other. > > > > > > Tomorrow I start doing the actual book 7. Today > I > > took the 96 questions of the 06 exam with good > > results. I wish I sat for the exam then . . . > > > > Nibi, What did you score in 06 exam (2006)? I took > today and scored 66%.It wasnt bad but I did made > some stupid mistakes. Not much FSA though which I > think I can take it. I got an 85% which made me feel better about the 50% on the V2 sample the day before.

yup. got a mid 50’s on version 2 and went to mid 70’s on the 2006 test. but to be fair, i had already seen some of the vignettes in the text while i was reviewing. should mention too: there are a lot of extra vignettes for practice in the corp finance book for review. it’s not 2006 questions, but i think they are very close to what you will see on the test as far as wording and style. a lot like the 2006 exam, actually. so if you’re losing some points in corp finance, think those are good places to look for questions.

^^^Same with me. Thanks for the tip, I’ll have to check out the Corp Fin section again.