What is your plan for the next 11 1/2 days?

I have spent so much time studying for this thing, too much time invested. So far, since January, I did the following: 0) Read about 40% of the CFAI Material (Ethics, Quant, Derivatives) 1) Read all Schweser Notes 2) Did all 3800 Q Bank 3) Did all Schweser Practice Exams 4) Listened to the Schweser Videos 5) Did the Schweser 3 day live seminar 6) Did the online problem solving seminar 7) Did the John Harris Financinal Accounting Seminar My plan for the last few days 1) Reread Schweser Notes…started yesterday, I am almost done with Book 2…goal to get through these by next Saturday. 2) Skim through the CFAI books…and re read the sections that I am having the most difficulty with (Time Series, Porter, RI models, and FRAs/Currency Swaps, PM) in detail 3) Reread my notes from the Schweser 3 day 4) Friday…one last read of the Schweser Secret Sauce 5) Saturday…get to the testing center by 7…take the last 45 minutes to scan over the Schweser Quicksheet 6) Saturday lunch break…scan for 15 minutes the quicksheet on the topics that were not tested in the morning section. I am totally done with Practice exams…personally I was so disgusted with the format of the CFAi practice exam and not having it on paper, I am not planning on doing the others…I feel that I have prepared as much as I can.

Work as hell to get at least NEAR the borderline. I’m so far below it I cannot even see it. Just scored a 53% on 2am of book 6 and am completely pissed off.

jasonindc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have spent so much time studying for this thing, > too much time invested. > > So far, since January, I did the following: > > 0) Read about 40% of the CFAI Material (Ethics, > Quant, Derivatives) > 1) Read all Schweser Notes > 2) Did all 3800 Q Bank > 3) Did all Schweser Practice Exams > 4) Listened to the Schweser Videos > 5) Did the Schweser 3 day live seminar > 6) Did the online problem solving seminar > 7) Did the John Harris Financinal Accounting > Seminar > > My plan for the last few days > > 1) Reread Schweser Notes…started yesterday, I am > almost done with Book 2…goal to get through > these by next Saturday. > 2) Skim through the CFAI books…and re read the > sections that I am having the most difficulty with > (Time Series, Porter, RI models, and FRAs/Currency > Swaps, PM) in detail > 3) Reread my notes from the Schweser 3 day > 4) Friday…one last read of the Schweser Secret > Sauce > 5) Saturday…get to the testing center by > 7…take the last 45 minutes to scan over the > Schweser Quicksheet > 6) Saturday lunch break…scan for 15 minutes the > quicksheet on the topics that were not tested in > the morning section. > > I am totally done with Practice > exams…personally I was so disgusted with the > format of the CFAi practice exam and not having it > on paper, I am not planning on doing the > others…I feel that I have prepared as much as I > can. You should make a perfect score with all that prep :wink:

Geez… I think I need more caffeine. I’m creating Qbank advanced quizzes in the areas where I am the weakest. I’ll keep drilling and filling in the weak spots with readings here and there. Being that it is impossible to know everything, I will focus on the most tested concepts and rely on my test taking strategies for the rest. If CFAI wants to beat me over the head with obscure Quant or Treynor Black or Emerging Market accounting, then so be it. I’m so miserable right now I don’t see any point in adding panic to the equation…

jasonindc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have spent so much time studying for this thing, > too much time invested. > > So far, since January, I did the following: > > 0) Read about 40% of the CFAI Material (Ethics, > Quant, Derivatives) > 1) Read all Schweser Notes > 2) Did all 3800 Q Bank > 3) Did all Schweser Practice Exams > 4) Listened to the Schweser Videos > 5) Did the Schweser 3 day live seminar > 6) Did the online problem solving seminar > 7) Did the John Harris Financinal Accounting > Seminar > > My plan for the last few days > > 1) Reread Schweser Notes…started yesterday, I am > almost done with Book 2…goal to get through > these by next Saturday. > 2) Skim through the CFAI books…and re read the > sections that I am having the most difficulty with > (Time Series, Porter, RI models, and FRAs/Currency > Swaps, PM) in detail > 3) Reread my notes from the Schweser 3 day > 4) Friday…one last read of the Schweser Secret > Sauce > 5) Saturday…get to the testing center by > 7…take the last 45 minutes to scan over the > Schweser Quicksheet > 6) Saturday lunch break…scan for 15 minutes the > quicksheet on the topics that were not tested in > the morning section. > > I am totally done with Practice > exams…personally I was so disgusted with the > format of the CFAi practice exam and not having it > on paper, I am not planning on doing the > others…I feel that I have prepared as much as I > can. you make me feel like I need to just pack it in and look at 2009 exam I have only done: 1. One read through the Schewser material. 2. Done Q bank 18 SS tests 3. Read the secret sauce My Plan from here on: 1. Read the end of SS summaries in CFAI & Schweser (1-2 topics per day) 2. Memorize / learn the endless pages of formulas 3. Do at least 4 practice exam including BSAS one (so ideally B6 and BSAS) 4. If time permitting do the free CFAI sample exam and 2006 exam from Schewser book 5. Become a religious man and ask for miracle

Hard core sobbing and a few exams!

Very impressive! I think I only did half that study. My plan is to read through everything in Schweser once. Do the full CFAI mock exam. Try to get a week off and study more. And skim through CFAI books one or 2 hours a day to look for topic I did not know. Just trying to gain some basic understanding on most of topics. Last day, all ethics.

This is what I did and what I plan on doing: 1.) Read CFAI texts + end of chapter questions post-reading (most of them) 2.) Read Schweser + questions 3.) 2 Practice Exams (scary - 65%, 67%, 70%, 70% Book 6) 4.) Did the whole Schweser FLASHcards once through on my morning commute to work Now I am in the process of looking at the passages I highlighted in the CFAi texts and am going to focus on my weak areas (PM, stupid Multi-National Operations reading) And then to top it off take a CFAi test online over next weekend. June 7th at approximately 5 pm I will find the neareast bar and pound a shot of tequila, go home, and then find the bar closest to my home, walk there, and pound more alcoholic beverages. I am getting freaked out.

Almost the same except for I’ve watched each online weekly video twice, completed every end of section concept checker 2-3 times, and spent a week at Windsor. My plan, which started on Saturday, is to spend 5-6 “intimate” hours on each section doing a deep dive review: -write down any formulas/ideas I haven’t committed to memory -re read the section in secret sauce -do CFAI end of chapter problems for any weak reading areas -review all practice exam items sets for that topic to make sure my comprehension has improved -repeat as needed- I’m doing the CFAI mock exam the 31st and saving Vol 1:3 for June 1st [which hopefully will be a confidence booster ] I plan on watching the Schweser online review seminar on June 2nd & 3rd. I’m leaving the Wed-Fri before the exam open for the moment in anticipation of emergency study time.

what i have done: - read schweser twice - made my own secret sauce - read PM, most of equity, ethics, and forex from CFAI - done most of Qbank - taken all 3 CFAI exams (sample) - taken 1 CFAI mock - taken exams 1, 2, and 3 am from Schweser - taken one other exam - taken AM BSAS - taken all end of the chapter CFAI questions - took review course with Harris and others to do: - secret sauce, a lot - end of chapter summary’s from CFAI, a lot - 1 more CFAI mock - 3 PM from Schweser - PM section from BSAS - hit up end of chapter questions in CFAI again for all my weak spots - reread Schweser and CFAI sections for spot areas - pray -

Are you guys going to do the CFAI Mock exams next weekend?

going to take the 2nd on this week sometime. already took the first to see where I was at.

I am probably going to do at least 1. I think I am going to only purchase one at a time though. If I do one and realize that I hate life as I did for the V2 sample, I won’t want to attempt the other. Tomorrow I start doing the actual book 7. Today I took the 96 questions of the 06 exam with good results. I wish I sat for the exam then . . .

the first mock was a helluva lot easier than the sample V2. I got a 65% on the 1st mock, and that was with me misreading something in one vignette which led to a 1/5, and me totally forgetting how to do binomial option models, which I am ususally nails on. You’ll be fine. If anything, it built confidence for me.

Why, is something happening in 11 days?

What day is the test?

June 09 for 60% of the people.

60% failing really doesn’t make L2 seem so scary when I think about all the clueless kids I’ve run into at Starbucks lately.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 60% failing really doesn’t make L2 seem so scary > when I think about all the clueless kids I’ve run > into at Starbucks lately. Speaking about running into people at starbucks, I’ve changed it up and have been going to the 81st and 2nd location in Manhattan…I swear, when I left for a break midday on Sunday there were 9 people studying in the second story seating area - all for Level II and III. It’s funny because nobody says a word to each other. Anyway, my plan for the next two weeks is to study…

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 60% failing really doesn’t make L2 seem so scary > when I think about all the clueless kids I’ve run > into at Starbucks lately. Seriously? Since they have experienced L1 I would not expect this to be the case. Interesting…