what it makes difference if clear L3 but no charter holder cuz of less experince

I m curious to know that does it make any difference if clear all level of CFA but due to less than 4 yrs of experience cant get charter holder? I am specially asking from salary point of view and how employer will assess this? would you still get the equivalent salary and status of CFA charter holder? Input form you guys will be appreciated. Thanks.

Along the same line, how to you convey this point for a potential job? I mean as far as a resume do you put CFA candidate, or something like that?

The answer is NO. Passing exams is just icing to the cake, its like “congratulations, you proved that you have the right set of tools to do your job” but since you’re paid for doing the job efficiently not for simply having the tools, it wouldn’t make too much of a difference (maybe a spot bonus and a higher raise). Keep in mind that a lot of CFA charterholders accumulated their investment experience after MBA, so their actual job experience as a whole is around 6~9 yrs. I passed lvl 3 and currently a 2nd year buyside analyst. The raise was good last year, but I’m NO WAY close to what the CFA charterholders are getting paid.

kevin0118 Wrote: > > Keep in mind that a lot of CFA charterholders > accumulated their investment experience after MBA, > so their actual job experience as a whole is > around 6~9 yrs. > > I passed lvl 3 and currently a 2nd year buyside > analyst. The raise was good last year, but I’m NO > WAY close to what the CFA charterholders are > getting paid. Very interesting, are you saying that you went back to school to do your MBA before you actually got an investments job?

If you pass all 3 levels but dont have the work experience you can apply for affiliate membership.

I wouldn’t worry about it, I’d focus on the grammar (SEE TOPIC TITLE)

Nope, I’m a career switch and have been taking tests before the actual job. I was referring to partners of my firm. I think half of them were just corporate non-finance business drones before business school then jumped into finance after their mba, thus their experience would be mixed finance and non-finance. I was just trying to point out to all the 21 yr olds out there who thinks passing 3 exams would automatically equal a $200,000 salary that its not that simple/fast for most of us.

can any one tell when CFAI verify 16 years of education and 4 years of revelant experience and how they do it? AL though it’s ethically wrong but just want to know for the info. can we ditch CFAI in experience?

So it’s very realistic to have all 3 levels passed, but only gain the necessary experience post MBA? CFA—>MBA—>CFA Charter (visually)

kevin0118 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was just trying to point out to all the 21 yr > olds out there who thinks passing 3 exams would > automatically equal a $200,000 salary that its not > that simple/fast for most of us. Of course not, I’m looking to have $10 million in equity built-up by working in New Zealand for 5-10 yrs out of school! Where is that guy now, on American Greed New Zealand edition???

irfancfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > can any one tell when CFAI verify 16 years of > education and 4 years of revelant experience and > how they do it? > > AL though it’s ethically wrong but just want to > know for the info. can we ditch CFAI in > experience? Instant classic…bravo. When you apply, you need 2 charterholders to vouch for your experience. If you lied and they didn’t know better, they’ll be disciplined. Other than that, don’t know how else they verify your status. With your twisted thinking, have you thought about leaving finance and do intellectual crime? I think the pay off could be much greater for a kid of your caliber.

irfancfa, you are an idiot.