What % of the material do you absorb?

I know my brain is toast after work. Just seeing what % of the reading you guys remember lets say…3 days after you read the section.

probly about 40-50% on the first reading. add another 20% (approx) on the second reading. secret sauce and continual questions increases that along the way

An equally important question to ask is: How fast does the knowledge decay? High absorption with high decay may be equivalent to low absorption, effectively. Seems to me that that minimizing the decay rate is probably more important than maximizing the absorption, in most cases.

djjk1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > probly about 40-50% on the first reading. add > another 20% (approx) on the second reading. > secret sauce and continual questions increases > that along the way this is similar with me if not lower. for level one i went through the material at least 3-4 times. the harder parts over and over again. so my percentages may not be as high

this is where i have debates with people. you have to read the stuff over and over again (i.e. rinse-repeat). that’s why schweser is so great. hard to do with CFAI readings. the absorption goes up in the last 6 weeks. your brain knows there’s no point in learning tricky, nitty stuff now.

I retain 90%, then forget 90%

I’m planning on going through Schweser twice in its entirety. Then will review troublesome sections using CFAI as a supplement from time to time.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I retain 90%, then forget 90% +1 I try to learn it as best as I possibly can with the understanding that I will have to relearn it with the last 4 - 6 weeks of review. However, it’s much easier to relearn a concept than to learn it initially.

If I skim the CFAI text and answer the questions at the end of the chapter, I retain 30-40%. Then, each time I go over it, combined with Q-bank, it gets better and better, and, then hopefully, it all come together by early June!