What % of your income do you save for retirement?

9% superannuration

Blake got nothing on him.

what % of savings goes to retirement?

Portfolio layers, matching layer to a goal!! Behaviour Portfolio Theory?

Just ignore my friends, I have been reading these for the past couple of weeks that I start thinking about them at the drop of a hat :(( Let the discussion continue…

As to mine, I contribute 8% also matched by the employer!

Respect. Though my line in the spreadsheet did get axed. Haters hatin just because I’m M&A’in on the Buyside.

That is honestly a bit of a concern for me, more so on the Roth 401k contributions.

And he still drives a beat up old Ford. Gotta respect that.

We have a PSP plan so company makes entire 25% contribution. Nice perk, but there is a bit more company stock in the plan than I am comfortable with. Plan is to get it out over next few years.

Respet.

I have always lived the leveraged lifestyle with credit cards and not much saving. Over the past two years I finally started maxing my 401k and saving a tiny bit as well. I have to admit, I feel good about myself when I see the statement at the end of each year. Like a tangible sign of progress in life.

I also have rather moderate spending habits. Don’t really take expensive vacations since it’s a nightmare to travel with toddlers / pre-schoolers, don’t eat out that much because I now really take care about everything I eat or drink, unfortunately my days of models and bottles are gone since I cannot risk to lose my children because of a divorce, and we don’t have a mortgage or car payments.

I max my company’s retirement plan, but invest most of my salary and business income in two ventures that hopefully will serve to fund both my children’s education and my retirement. Of course they could bomb badly and my retirement / education plan would go to the dogs.

It’s a good feeling… I’m one of those paycheque-to-paycheque guys, so when I check my online banking and see the balance in my RRSP account I get a little relieved that I do have some savings. Not that I should ever use it in case of emergency, but it’s there.

14% - personal contributions only

23% - including pension & employer contributions

(but I earn a very modest wage)

I have always been an oversaver. When I look back, I probably would have had more fun doing what you did. Most people who lived paycheck to paycheck during their 20s before getting back on track never regretted living it large. You have enough time to save during the last 3 decades of your working life, not to mention you also make more $$$ during that time too. Maybe I should have went to that Vegas trip or went to that expensive dinner bday. Memories are worth more than a few thousand dollars in your bank account.

There’s still time man, what city are you in? We’re gonna tear it up!

LOL. Let’s go sarging!

LOL

You guys can’t go sarging and not invite the rest of us :frowning: \

Total retirement % contribution for spouse and myself: 27% of net.

Does not include emergency account or discretionary brokerage acount.

What? You guys call yourself finance guys?! :o

I just did the math and I’m saving around 70% of each paycheck. But I withdraw vacation money from savings a couple times a year, so let’s call it 60%.

Maybe I misunderstood the question. :confused:

I guess that it also depends on your definition of “saving”, like do you only count the money that you purposefully set aside and segregate (savings acct, portfolio, IRA, 401k) or do you count it all of the money that you don’t spend?

If you use the first definition, for me its about 12-15% excluding employer contribution. If you use the 2nd definition, its currently about 60% if you look at my average monthly income/expenses. That difference just builds in my bank account with no specific purpose.