What Schools are Represented here

Yardy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is a unique one …University of Technology, > Jamaica:) I was wondering whether your screen name was Jamaican. I guess that answers that.

UC Berzerkeley - Go Bears

skylinerzero Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yfactor Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > yfactor Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > University of Chicago for MBA, Ohio State > for > > > > undergrad… > > > > > > > > Go Buckeyes! > > > > > > Nice, U of Chi would be my top MBA school, > care > > to > > > share with us your stats? > > > > > > Not sure what exactly your’re looking for by > way > > of stats… I’m sure it’s not what most would > > think of when asking someone on the internet > their > > stats… :slight_smile: > > > > Please elaborate and I’ll gladly share what I > > can… > > I think yfactor meant your GPA, GMAT, work > experience…etc. > > University of Hawaii myself. Sure. My GMAT was in the 700’s with a 6 on the AWA (though as a former member of the admissions committee, I can tell you that the GMAT is not the single “make-or-break” number that most people think it is). My undergrad GPA was pretty bad - below a 3.0. However, the trend is much more important than the number itself - a rough start with a strong finish in college is much better than a great start in college and a rough finish. If you’re able to explain your grades well in your essays, they you’ll be fine. In my particular case, I had a rough start, but then finished the last year and a half with a very heavy course schedule and a 3.7 GPA throughout that time, averaging me out at just below 3.0. Finally, I had about 4-4.5 years of work experience when I applied. Again, it’s not about the number, but the nature. Some people will work for 6 years and accomplish nothing, others will work for 2 and accomplish a great deal. It’ll all come down to what your recommendations and essays say about you. At the end of the day, a good application will have well thought out essays and reasons for getting the MBA. In my opinion, the essays and recommendations speak volumes about the candidate…

Michigan State! Go green Go white Forever!

Ohio University

brazilatz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Michigan State! > Go green > Go white > Forever! +1 - Michigan State University for MBA Central Arkansas for undergrad.

Penn State

@yfactor thanks for sharing

Universidad del Pacifico @ Peru (Undergrad) University of Texas at Austin (MBA)

zizoubleu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yardy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This is a unique one …University of > Technology, > > Jamaica:) > > > I was wondering whether your screen name was > Jamaican. I guess that answers that. Yes rasta

Vanderbilt… For the Bowdoin guy…Isn’t there an area in front of the school with street names…Zeitler. I wonder what happened to the area. One of the Zeitlers was my math teacher in High School.

Northwestern Law

U-Michigan for undergrad NYU for MBA

Undergrad…University of Northern Iowa (CPA after that) MBA…University of Iowa (Evening program)

UCONN

frebolledo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Universidad del Pacifico @ Peru (Undergrad) > University of Texas at Austin (MBA) Hola! Yo soy Peruano tambien. Nievel dos. Como estas?

James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia - Undergrad.

UC Berkeley

National Institute of Technology, Warangal, India

Indiana for MBA (Finish in 3 Weeks!!!) Indiana MSF (finish February) Louisiana Tech University, Undergrad