What section to start with?

Hey all, I passed Level I Dec 07 and will begin my Level II journey on Saturday. I’m a little nervous as I haven’t studied for almost a year (I’m an analyst for a bank, but it’s not the same as the CFA grind). What section would you recommend I start with? I’ll be using the CFA curriculum to begin. Thanks.

Just go in order. Start with Quant.

I’m doing everything I hate (Quant, Econ, PM) first… It’s grueling…

for whatever reason, i’d say economics or corporate finance… not too technical. get a couple of readings down in a couple of weeks and it’ll give you confidence. … i saved ethics for later, and i actually think that was a good move

i have started with equities since for level II it has alot of weightage! its a personal choice to begin with … either start with the stuff that u think is the toughest so that you can tackle the easy readings in the end … or start with the topics you are confident about and sequentially increase the level of diffculty … completely veto westbruin’s decision of saving ethics for the last !

When is more important than where. Start now.

Damn. I was going to write that.

I started with Quant and Econ first. Decided to start on the areas I was more at ease with.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Damn. I was going to write that. Damn. I was going to write: “Damn. I was going to write that.”

im starting with FSA… going to do Equities as well before starting Schweser class in Jan… fairly simple plan but I think it will work well for me

anyone take the Schweser class? What’s the order they use?

I have the same plan, except that I was hoping to also finish FI before class starts. Not gonna happen… FSA is killing me already:( cmb7 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > im starting with FSA… going to do Equities as > well before starting Schweser class in Jan… > fairly simple plan but I think it will work well > for me

> FSA is killing me already:( again, just my opinion, but i had to do so much on FSA the last few months that i would just save it for later… i’d mow down the easier stuff first. get some good progress going… you could be stuck on FSA for months and you really want to know it for the exam NOT 7 months early. same is true of everything else of course, but i think FSA requires so much late studying that you should just save it for awhile.

I hear you… But i need to know I have enough time to read the CFAI book… Closer to the exam i am planning to go over FSA again with Stalla…

Starting this coming weekend with FSA. My work responsibilities include a heavy emphasis on FSA (so I can start to use the concepts almost immediately). Should help me to retain the information better.

I guess it’s a matter of personal taste, but be aware that some quant stuff is used in portfolio management and also possibly econ ( I can t remember from last june).

There is no quant stuff that is used in the Econ section. Highly possible for portfolio mgmt though