What should my title be?

Pretty deep stuff. Thanks

I like the sound of Associate PM and I honestly don’t really care what my title is, I just don’t want look like an ignorant a**hole when I hand out a card that doesn’t make any sense. I’ve been an analyst for a couple years and have no idea what the norms are for this kinda stuff.

I don’t know about that analogy, I’d say the guy who snagged Bin Laden ranks pretty far above the guy who built his gun.

Maybe a more appropriate analogy is that the guy who ordered the other guy to pull the trigger is the superior one.

Maybe a better one: I think it takes more skill and expereince to track and find the game than to ultimately pull the trigger.

I don’t even fish or hunt.

My attempts for a folksy Warren Buffett are over.

Senior Investment Analyst?

Associate portfolio manager

I’m CEO, bitch.

What title does your boss use? If his business card says something along the lines of CIO, Principal, Director etc, then I suggest you ask to switch your title to PM.

If he is calling himself PM and doesn’t want any confusion, then Associate PM sounds like a good call. When I read your opening post the first thought I had was Assistant PM, but now that I’ve read the responses I agree that Associate sounds a bit snazzier.

Yeah my boss uses the PM title and he’s got some cards that say CIO for the parent co. I would just keep it simple and go with Senior Analyst, but my fellow analyst is in the same boat as me so that could get awkward…

I’ll probably go with Associate PM. Sounds cool enough (still not as cool as HAIC) and serves its purpose.

Associate PM

Otherwise, your résumé isn’t going to line up really well (for experience under this title) if you put PM or MD.

Get the other guy to be Associate PM as well and work hard to get full PM responsibility and title over time with the main PM shifting to be CIO in responsibility and title (even if he is PM/CIO now, only wearing the CIO will enable him to focus more on the bigger picture and growing the business).

That’s the long term plan so it sounds like Associate PM is the way to go. Thanks.