what study strategy now?

guys, I think most of us have reach a certain stage now, with 1 month to go, what are you guys doing to make the most out of it? I plan to do lots of exercises, but seems weak areas are still weak (i.e., bond, derivatives), and hard to improve them

Just hammering down the big stuff now… FCF’s, temporal vs current, PBO’s are examples of what i want to know inside and out from FRA… Few big things from each section working those questions… the little stuff, i either know it or i dont…

If I’m having a hard time with a topic, the best thing I can do is just immerse myself in it for a couple of days. Read through the materials and make notes, watch the online course, and then do all the questions I can. Focus more on active learning strategies than passive. By now you should have the general idea of all of the topics so its time to focus on improving your depth of knowledge. I would start with the majors (FSA, equity, ethics) unless you are already comfortably passing these sections and then just work on your worst areas to bring them up to speed (obviously, starting with the higher weighted topics and working your way down). I have a heck of a time with derivatives myself but I can’t afford to bomb 10% of the exam, so I’ll probably go through it again once or twice and see what I can get to stick. I know I’m not going ace it but failing its not an option, but I think there are enough memorizable parts of the topic that I can know even if my understanding isn’t perfect.

I guess at this point (a bit less than 4 weeks to D-Day), what you should be doing is practice, practice and practice, make as many errors as possible (so you won’t make them again on D-Day) and correct as many of these errors as possible before D-Day. Also, aim to get ample of sleep starting a few days before D-Day. The confident factor is pretty important since you tend to be less rested if you are anxious. What this means is, push now (if you have to) or never for year 2009.

^ So true. I barely slept for a week before the test last year and I’m certain that didn’t help matters. Try not to overdo it with the caffeine or, if you already are, try to tone it down in the couple of weeks before the test so you’re not a nervous/tired mess.

eltia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I guess at this point (a bit less than 4 weeks to > D-Day), what you should be doing is practice, > practice and practice, make as many errors as > possible (so you won’t make them again on D-Day) > and correct as many of these errors as possible > before D-Day. > > Also, aim to get ample of sleep starting a few > days before D-Day. The confident factor is pretty > important since you tend to be less rested if you > are anxious. What this means is, push now (if you > have to) or never for year 2009. speaking of D-day…June 6th is a pretty historic date

Ironic isn’t it? Good luck on Normandy, gentleman.

It’s a freedom fight, where you are officially bailed for 8 months and then back to the CFA-Cave, after the bail expires, for the remainder of 4 months.

Make sure you get all the marks or most of the mark on your strength areas Make sure you got the key points on your weak area. Doing exams, get familiar with the format and then circle it again

Yea agreed. Make sure u know the big parts cold. Know something about everything else. Also know how to do easy calcs quetions cold to save you time.

I’m trying to find religion.

I believe the rule of thumb recommended by Schweser is that you need to ace at least 5 sections in order to pass the exam. So, if you can ace Ethics, FSA and Equity, that’s already 3 sections down. Then throw in the three smaller sections like Quant, Econ and Corp Fin as well, you would have 6 sections under your belt. For the rest (FI, PM, AI, Derivatives), as long as you don’t do too shabby (50%+ and as close to 70% as possible), victory should be within your grasp.

all good suggestions folks. how many mock tests did you guys do? I actually started in April, did one mock on every past Saturday. I have finished 5 schweser and 3 CFAI example. and actually I have nailed everyone of them, but still fell scared of the little areas that I haven’t aced