what to buy

am a little bit confuse on which book to buy CFAI or schweser books, and pls hope june will not be to late to start preparing for Dec’08 Exam.

CFAI textbooks are included in your registration fee, together with a sample exam.

map1, do you think the sample exam is worth studying for?

sample exams apparently will save your life :P. From a lot of people here Q bank and Sample exams are key to doing well. All i use is Schweser and the Q bank and Sample exams when they become avaliable. But then again, i haven’t passed… so i can’t say that it works myself.

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFAI textbooks are included in your registration > fee, together with a sample exam. The sample exam comes for free. i registered i got the books but didnt see any sample exam? where can we get this?

owaissiv Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > map1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CFAI textbooks are included in your > registration > > fee, together with a sample exam. > > > The sample exam comes for free. i registered i got > the books but didnt see any sample exam? where can > we get this? it’s not free, it will be available on the CFA website come Apr/May and it costs $50 for each if i’m not wrong. Very pricey considering only 60 qns but worth it!

One sample exam, of 60 questions, will be made available free of charge beginning March, to those that registered for the June 2008 exam. The other samples will be charged $50 each. ALL SAMPLES ARE ONLINE EXAMS. Check the CFAI pages before registering, your registration information, or your invoices. Use the search function provided by the forum.

vanessa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > map1, do you think the sample exam is worth > studying for? The sample exam is what it is, a sample, of only 60 questions. The real thing is 240 questions, in 2 sessions of 120 each, each session of 3 hours. You are preparing for the big thing, not for the sample. But the sample will be probably a good indicator of where you have to put some more time in your study.

adedirab , I started reading CFAI text while my Schweser books are on its way. But I am finding CFAI text more useful/Interesting. So its up to you on which material you hook up.what important is that your concepts are clear and you cover curriculum for L1. -Rick